Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Winter Day in July

Photobucket

Hello!
I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! Can someone please tell me why it's July and I'm back in tights? It even rained today. I'm so confused! The sky doesn't start clearing up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon nowadays. June's over and so should the June gloom. Please Summer, I want my sunshine and my tan! I feel as if Mother Nature sent out the wrong weather to the West and East Coasts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm sorry again for not posting and not being able to visit your blogs. I even missed my Sunday Inspiration post! It's been a hectic and emotional couple of days, and I'm relieved they're behind me. But since I am now working 4 or 5 days a week, I'm not really sure how I'm going to be able to blog as often as before. I have a hideous work uniform and after work, I'm not really up for dressing up. Don't worry though! I'll find a way, just give me some time to adjust because I love blogging and have felt so weird without it.

Photobucket

One good thing about working so much now is the increase in money I have! I already have a list of things I want to save up for, like camera lenses, a leather backpack, and for future trips. In a way working 5 days and having class the other 2 days makes it harder for me to spend the money that I do make, which is good. I just wish it weren't so easy to buy things online...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I'm a little late on the chambray trend, but I finally found my chambray skirt at J Crew when they were having a huge sale. I remember seeing this skirt months ago and have been stalking it in the store. I'm so glad I waited. My skirt collection has grown quite a bit in the past few months, and I have another one on the way from the Hautelook American Apparel sale. I also finally found my red bow on Etsy! I think red bows go with any and every outfit and I think I want to collect a few more. So many popped up on Etsy during Fourth of July weekend and I hope they're still there for my taking!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The UPS truck just came by and delivered my wicker basket! I can't wait for the bell to arrive in a few days too! I'm not sure how I'm going to paint it mint green yet. Doing it myself seems so tedious since I have to take it apart and then put it back together, so I think I'll just have to search for a cheap place to do it.

Oh also, I've been featured in Style Sample Magazine, check it out here!

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: chambray skirt -- j crew; gray t-shirt and floral flats -- f21; red bow -- etsy; tights -- h&m; red belt -- uo

28 comments:

  1. Jasmine.. you're such a cutie patootie! I love your smile.. and I love that skrit you got from J.Crew. :) and it's great that you even got it on sale!! Totally worth the wait. I hope you don't work too hard and enjoy your summer. Hugs!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute in that red bow of yours! I wish I could pull off bows the same way. My hair is limp and they just slide off. And yay for the wicker basket! Can't wait to see what your bike will look like after it's makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this funny since your post appeared above one that said "Hotter than July.." in my subscriptions, hehe. :D

    Anyway, you look so cute, I love the pops of red! I think it would be nice to be able to wear tights, especially black ones.. I just got three colorful pairs for my birthday and I'm dying to wear them!! You look most adorable as always. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. this weather is so not cool. i don't like it at all!! it's july for pete's sake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think your outfit is perfect for the gloomy weather! i hope it picks up there though. it's been really hot here. anyway, i cant wait to see your new revamped bike! :D

    congrats on the feature too! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww I hope the weather improves! In SF it's always foggy in the summer so I'm not surprised. Yay cute chambray skirt and red bow! At least more working hours means more money! Haha you have to fight the temptation to shop online and save your money for big-priced items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I forgot, congratulations on the feature! That's super awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful outfit, supercute!!! i loove your shoes!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love love love the gray with the chambray! :) i hope you're doing alright and all your hours of work and classes aren't taking up all of your time during the summer!
    i'm actually craving your kind of weather right now because there's some kind of heat wave going on in jersey! it's in the 100s and photoshoots involve LOTS and LOTS of sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so jealous of your weather! it's been 95 degrees + humidity since Sunday and it's not stopping forever! love the shoes, the belt, the bow, the skirt and the colors! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The weather all over the world is soo weird lately hun, its winter her and its freezing the one day and the next its quite hot?
    You look gorgeous in your bow, hope your ok and you dont work too hard : ) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh I love this take on the chambray trend -- it's quite unusual! But the muted colors definitely work. And I love the splashes of red (congrats on your red bow, btw). :D

    And I can't wait to see all the additions to your bike! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute outfit! Love the bow especially!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you matched the red belt with the red bow and I love the chambray skirt, dw, I'm even slower than you on the trend, I don't even own anything chambray yet and It's too cold here to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so cute! I love the blog :]

    Check out mine, if you have the time.

    Petite Amelie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what an adorable outfit! boo to working 5 days a week... i'll be starting a summer course next week too so I know what you mean. Down here in texas we've been having nothing but TOO MUCH SUNSHINE (over 100F argh). I would rather be wearing tights and coats!

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad to hear you are so busy, sad that will effect your blogging but its good to be busy, making money and taking classes.

    great outfit love the bow and skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know what you mean!! today I'm wearing thick knitted tights and a scarf!!! the weather is so weird here lately! You look so cute! I think I've said this before, but I really liiikkkkeeee those shoes ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adorable outfit! I really love that chambray skirt! The weather in New York has been RIDICULOUS. There's been a major heat wave and it's been over a hundred degrees the past few days!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute & I wouldn't mind winter in July at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. polish summer seems to be uncooperative as well!

    you look so adorable! your flats are so cute! love the print on it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That skirt is so perfect for summer! I am in need of a chambray skirt as well.

    You can take Sacramento's weather! It's been in the 90s forever! So hot.

    Can't wait to see your newly remodeled bike :)

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. i love your chambray skirt and flats!! they are soo pretty :)


    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. that is the perftect skirt. i'm trying to incorporate more bows into my look, you are a great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You're wearing tights? WTH? I wish I could wear tights here:( Anyway, I hope you're feeling better now. Glad to hear about the increase in pay and I can't wait to see that skirt you got from HauteLook :)

    Don't worry about sending your package to me :) As long as you mark it as a "gift", I should be exempted from custom duties and taxes ;) Send it away and I'll be waiting <3 <3

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You're so beautiful girl. One day, we'll get to chill in California and I'm hoping that your California days brighten up a little! I hate overcast days so much... it's been overcast and muggy here and everyday, I look like I just got out of a sauna. Not pretty.

    Your chambray skirt is gorgeous and I especially love those floral flats. I'm also excited to follow you on your 21 for 21 challenge. Maybe I should get on the awesome horse and follow suit since I'm also kind of on a shopping hiatus.

    Hope everything is a thousand times better and all the emotional turmoil is behind you.

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete