Friday, July 30, 2010

The Best Deceptions

Photobucket

Hello!
I'm not sure if this is the most flattering outfit ever, but we live and we learn. I wish my shorts were a bit looser, but they're not meant to be high-waisted--I'm just short, anything can be high-waisted . I do like the color scheme though. Originally I was going to wear it with my white striped top, but it looked too Valentine's Day-ish for me. So romantic patriotism it is then.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These shorts are definitely a challenge to style, but I'm also pretty surprised I'm wearing them for the first time so late into my challenge. In the Fall and Winter, all I ever wore was shorts (with tights of course); now I'm always in skirts and dresses. I was hesitant in putting these into the mix, but I didn't want all 21 looks to be variations of a top and a high-waisted skirt like it has been up until now. Next time, I think I'll choose a romper instead. To me, shorts without tights is so boring, and to wear them normally just isn't blog worthy. I need to find a pair of flattering high-waisted shorts or find a different way to wear shorts, because dressing so girly everyday is a bit exhausting. Any suggestions on how to style these shorts again for the challenge? You can see my 21 items here.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm leaving for work soon--with a huge bow on my head might I add. I just want to see if they dare tell me to take it off. A little immature, passive aggression never hurt anyone right? I'll update you all tomorrow. Wish me luck!

16/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: navy striped top -- gap; red bow belt -- h&m; pink shorts -- old navy; white oxford flats -- aldo; red hair bow -- etsy; bow ring -- f21

13 comments:

  1. I'd wear the lace tank with the shorts you are wearing here. You could wear the red cardigan over the tank and the floral shoes would look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it. i have that shirt too and i might try this out when i am done with the 30for30...i love taking chances when it comes to my outfits..like you said, you live, you learn. of course like always, loving the bow belt!!! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, pink shorts! I lovee it. You're so cute, girl. I miss our emails! Once we both slow down, we'll catch up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont find this outfit boring at all, The shorts are really cute. Its always good to have a simple outfit every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are some pretty pink shorts! I do love that you styled them up with navy and red. And it's not unflattering. I think it looks really pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I love how you have shorts! I agree with you on shorts not being as flattering, I have a big butt so it's hard to find ones that don't enhance so much haha. But I think those shrts are too adorable on you. I love the stripes, too!~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you wore the bow around the waistband of the shorts! It's so difficult (for me anyway) to find a good pair of high-waisted shorts. I feel like all the ones I buy are technically not high-waisted, but like you, I'm short enough to wear them up high. Hmm, perhaps you can spice up the shorts with some awesome legwear, like cool socks or something? Yeah, styling shorts can be problematic, but I like the color combo you came up with in this outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. surprisingly, i really adore this look!! the shorts look great on you.. maybe you can try a white-pink-gray ensemble! add in a black bow! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck! i hate jobs with stupid uniforms! i cannot get enough of that bow belt. i was in an h&m last week and i couldn't fin one :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. you're so adorable it's driving me insane. yay for these shorts, they're one of my favorite items of yours! you should try wearing them with your white t-shirt and gray cardigan. maybe mix in that black bow belt as well :)
    and obviously those fantastic aldo oxfords. love! <3

    i'm off to make you an author now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this my first time i saw u wore short.:)
    so adorable as usual.
    and for me,u can roll up the short or wearing loose shirt.:)
    the bow belt super cute!

    loves.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks fine on you dear. (: ooh I certainly remember the glory days of shorts in Jazzy Hwang's Chicblog! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, it's time to catch up with your posts :) Sorry for the delay :(

    Wow, I think I never saw you in shorts (romper, yes) until this post! I think they look very good on you :) They're flattering and they lengthen your legs :) I hope to see you in them again before the end of this challenge! :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete