Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sugar Rush

Photobucket

Hello!
So this is my fourth look. Four is my lucky number, mostly because I was born on the fourth of December and because I love this outfit despite all the elastic (from the dress and the skirt) suffocating my waist in this 90-degree heat. You've all seen this skirt before. I remixed it a lot when I first got it. I think I included it into the mix just so I can pair it with this top/dress. This is my first remix of the challenge. Let's hope I can keep it going.

Photobucket

My days have become pretty routine lately. I hate and love routines. I love the stability, but I hate the monotony. What was once time spent going shopping is now spent searching for photo locations and taking photos, followed by hanging out at home or in a bookstore. I'm the type of person who gets bored easily, so I hope some spontaneity is thrown my way soon, the good kind of course. Today's location? A national park--you know the snazzy ones where you have to pay to get in? There's one next to my university! Except we cheated the system by parking in a community across the street and walking over. As much as I love my blog, it's not worth paying $8 just to snap some photos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't believe I used to dislike dresses. They're so incredibly versatile and so easy to slip on in the morning. I love how smart and creative bloggers have become lately, like a dress is no longer "just" a dress--it can be transformed into a skirt or a top. A scarf is no longer just a scarf; in fact, I've come to think that it looks better on our heads than around our necks. I remember while I was getting ready for this challenge, I told Robert I should just buy 21 dresses and be done with it. But that would've been too easy huh?

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have no idea why I keep pulling out my skirts like I'm about to curtsey in all my pictures. I think it's my inner-princess coming out. I will try to reign her back in tomorrow. Robert says I need to come up with more creative poses and I wholeheartedly agree. I need to watch some ANTM for inspiration.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The last three pictures were taken at my post office. Yes--my post office! Isn't it pretty? I wasn't too happy with the first set of photos so I made Robert take some more after I shipped off a package. It's weird that I ended up choosing more photos from the first set. Ah well, I'll have to do a proper shoot at this post office one day because the other arched hallway is even prettier! I love arches.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

To thank Robert for taking my photos all week, I treated him to ice cream. I got our usual--half mint chocolate chip (his favorite) and half cookies n' cream (my favorite). Yum! Tomorrow is Friday! This week felt super long, maybe it's because of the heat. I have Saturday off again!

4/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: top/dress -- cotton on; floral skirt -- zara; green sandals -- uo; belt -- purse strap; green bow -- h&m; clock locket -- ae

17 comments:

  1. you are on a roll! i love how girly and cute this is. great interview with lydia on chictopia. it made me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i'm so behind! i can always make our dynamic duo top numero three? i'll shoot you an email.

    you look adorable in this outfit. yay for remixing! i used to hate dresses and skirts as well, especially throughout middle school. i remember wearing my first skirt in ages my freshman year of high school and it was all kinds of crazy. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear, everything you wear is just so precious! :] I really dig the colors in this outfit: the colors are so pretty and bright! You have such a tendency to pair everything effortlessly.

    And I get you completely... years ago I would have never worn dresses! And now I absolutely refuse to wear pants. It's so ridiculous. I really don't know what I did without dresses, they're such a staple to my wardrobe! I don't know what I would do if I could never wear dresses again!

    www.withhighhopes.blogspot.com
    I will adore you forever if you follow me! Thanks! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for remixing! The dress color matches your skirt perfectly! Haha I know what you mean about posing, I usually stand the same way every time. I never know what to do with my hands :P You pick such nice places to take outfit pictures, like that bridge or the arches at the post office!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww Jasmine, this post like all of your posts are so sweet and your genuine warmth really comes through. I love the last two photos of the ice cream! It melted my poor heart, and I like seeing your wardrobe remixed. I think the green bow is a nice contrast to the pink and the sweet florals.

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. aahh i love the versatility of pieces too!!! like, my ultimate fashion dream is to be able to set out a line that is all about practicality where certain pieces are not just the way they're supposed to be (like the AA scarf, or some multi-wear dresses).

    oh gosh, you look so cute in this outfit, dear!!! :D

    aaahh! i haven't had ben and jerry's for such a long time!!! yum yum!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm am loving all of your posts :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha! We have secrets about this post. ;)
    Love the floral skirt. It matches your floral shoes that I want! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. ADORABLE Jasmine. I love your skirt... I'm a sucker for all things floral. Yes, I'm very much a girly girl. :) and I LOVE IT! You and Robert are adorable as well. Seriously such a sweet dude, taking your pics for you. And mmmm ice cream. I don't remember the last time I had me some B&J. I think I'll need to pick some up this weekend.

    xx Love & Aloha
    p.s. I have another fun giveaway going on, come enter!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my 1st visitt! love ur blogg :))
    have a great weekendd :D


    xoxo
    secret of life

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know what you mean with dresses. I think a lot of girls get intimidated by them or something, but in reality they're probably the best clothing invention ever. Haha.

    I love the bright colors here Jasmine, so summery! And LOL @ Robert's concern about your poses! (: I think the princess-y ones suit you well though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mix of colours here hun! Hope you have a lovely Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mix of colours here hun! Hope you have a lovely Friday xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like your skirt :)

    Hahaha! Parks where you have to pay to enter? That sounds silly :\

    I LOVE Ben and Jerry's ice cream!! But it's so expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, time flies, you're already at day 4! I love this bright outfit! The pink dress goes really well with the skirt and brown belt :) And you do have a nice post office. Take more photos there :D

    21 dresses for 21 days, now that's something I would do as well :p

    CL is not going to make a debut on my blog anytime soon, although he insists that I should share the "fame" with him. Hahaha..

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! I love the dress as a top too! I tend to do it more in the fall/winter to add more layers to my bottom half :D.

    The ice cream sounds delicious!!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete