Tuesday, July 27, 2010

All I Have to do is Dream

Photobucket

Hello!
Today was my last day at this university! It's kinda surreal actually. It just hasn't hit me yet that after three years, I'll be attending a different school in the Fall. It was a pretty good last day--well except for having to hang my photos on the wall and having everyone critique them in front of me. Thankfully everyone seemed to like my photos for the most part, and the professor even defended one of my works. It was still super nerve-wracking though...

Photobucket

Photobucket

I've used 19 out of my 21 items already, and I have definitely used some more than twice, like this chambray skirt. This skirt is quickly becoming one of my favorites; it might even replace my infamous royal blue skirt as my go-to skirt. When I first got it, I was a little worried it would clash with the other items in my closet, but it just seems to go with everything! My new shoes are becoming one of my favorites too. My goal this week is to use the remaining two items: my pink shorts and my red cardigan.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday after dinner/before the movie, Robert and I decided to get each other gifts spontaneously...at the mall. Now since I can't shop, I had to wait outside of the stores while he went in and picked some things out. I was so anxious! Robert came out with this bow belt from H&M, and something else from UO that I'm deciding whether I want to keep or not (we've been together too long now to have hurt feelings over un-liked presents). I pre-ordered him the video game that every guy currently wants right now--Starcraft 2. I'm so glad to have this bow belt for the remainder of the challenge. Though I think I like the red one better, I'm sure this belt will become overused too. I'm going to be on the hunt for a white bow belt now.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Before walking into the stores, Robert asked if there was anything I wanted in particular. Surprisingly though, I said nothing except this bow belt, but I told him to look at accessories because 1) they're cheaper; and 2) I can only use accessories until this challenge is over. Usually I have long lists of things I supposedly "need," but not anymore. I think this means that I'm pretty content with my closet. I can't wait to finish purging things that I hardly wear. I think I'm going to start mission: room make-over during this last month of summer. I actually used to want to be an interior designer at one point, but then real estate market crashed.

13/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: red striped top and white bow -- f21; black bow belt -- h&m; chambray skirt -- j crew; oxford flats -- aldo

20 comments:

  1. Your bows are the cutest! And the combination of red and blue always makes an outfit look great!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfits are always so fresh and put together, and this is no exception! That bow belt is adorable. I'm so jealous of your belt collection, it seems like you have so many cute ones!
    I hate having my work critiqued. I find it super nerve wracking as well. I took a poetry workshop last semester and had to read my work and listen to criticism nearly every class. I suppose it's good to get feedback though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww that's adorable that you guys bought each other gifts out of nowhere and for no reason at all! that black belt is adorable and OMG YES GUYS ARE OBSESSED WITH THAT GAME. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. starcraft 2!!! I still don't get how fast people's fingers/hands move in that game. Way too much required hand-eye coordination for me... *sigh*

    Anyway, I love your new bow belt and I think it's SUPER romantic how you and your bf buy each other gifts out of the blue... so much better (or cuter) than on valentine's or something!

    http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that belt! I also love the idea of spontaneous presents. :3

    Hahaha it's so true about SC2! My boyfriend just, literally 5 seconds ago, said "I wish Starcraft was here!" He pre-ordered it a while ago and it hasn't come yet; poor guy. You have one lucky man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that belt! I also love the idea of spontaneous presents. :3

    Hahaha it's so true about SC2! My boyfriend just, literally 5 seconds ago, said "I wish Starcraft was here!" He pre-ordered it a while ago and it hasn't come yet; poor guy. You have one lucky man! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you always have the cutest bows. i really wish my h&m wasnt 3hrs away!! ahh. you & your man are so cute! :) xoox

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww you are your bf are just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable black bow belt! Haha I know we'll be seeing lots of it in future outfits! I agree, your chambray skirt is so versatile! Aww how sweet you and Robert bought each other gifts! Good luck with your room makeover! Mine has been needing one for the last 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. aahhh now im beginning to think i need one of those belts too!!! too adorable with all your outfits!! love this americana/sailor/nautical look going on! :D

    p.s. i sent your package yesterday! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bows and bow belts for the win, haha! :)
    I haven't checked out my H&M for a while, maybe I'll find some cute accessory too.
    Cute outfit, very casual and very summery. The chambray skirt is really cute too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore this look Jasmine! The black is sort of "harsh" in a way, against the other pieces and colors, but omg it looks amazing. Chic and with a touch of elegance.

    Aww, glad to hear you are learning some "lessons" from the challenge. (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jasmine, whenever I think of bows I think of you. :) ha ha. Please don't think that's creepy. I love your new black bow belt. That skirt is great too. I have an unfinished denim skirt that is pleading to be completed, but lately I've had no motivation to sew anything. It's sooo hot and I don't have an ideal crafting/sewing area (I sew on our kitchen table). Well, I hope you're having a great day!! I have a little giveaway going on.. come enter, if you haven't already.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute photos and your bow-belt is really adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another bow belt added to your collection! Robert definitely knows you in and out :D And it looks really great with the outfit, too!<3 and I saw your Facebook status about your last day at school. YAY :D Can't wait to see what the future has in-store for you :)

    I have yet to decide on my 21 items for the challenge. I think I need the whole day to pick them. I don't want any regrets! Hahaha...

    You just inspired me to give CL a surprise present next time we go to the mall. I hope he knows me well enough to get me something that I like! Hahaha.. I know, I'm shallow like that :p

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I love getting my bf presents. On Saturday we celebrate our three year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That really is a great versatile skirt. I love how a lot of your items are similar in your remix challenge but because of colours and your wonderful bow accessories, all the outfit have their unique quirky loveliness to them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do we share a brain or what? I can't get over how much our outfits looked the same! hahaha!!! Too funny:) Well I guess it's fair to say, I love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like your blog and your pictures are so funny ;)

    ReplyDelete