Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dynamic Duo: Chapter 5

Photobucket
Photobucket

Hello!
So I'm going a little back in time and posting my fifth look! This number was reserved for Jen because this is our fifth Dynamic Duo post! While I was gathering items for my challenge, I knew I had to add this top into the mix so I emailed Jen to put our skirt on hold so we could style this during my challenge, but then Jen decided to join the challenge and to add this top into her allotted items as well so here we are--a dynamic duo post in the middle of our challenges! I must say this was the quickest we've chosen an item. Usually we make and exchange long lists of items, but we agreed on this and ordered it within the same night! I was going to order it whether she wanted it or not--it's such a lovely color and it was on sale for $20!

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

I love the skirt that Jen paired it with and I can't wait to remix this top with the skirts I have. I am looking for a white blouse (preferably with a peter pan collar) to put under tank dresses and I am also looking for tank dresses. While shopping for this challenge, I was so frustrated that I couldn't find either of them (how could F21 not have a solid tank dress?!), but then I remembered that I had this dress. How could I forget this dress? It's the dress that I wore in the post that won me the trip to New York back in February. I'm never throwing this dress away. But I can't wait to find myself a cream or navy jumper-dress to throw over this top because this outfit is a bit too blueish for my liking.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

I remember back in high school layering tanks over t-shirts was all the rage and it felt weird to be doing it again, but if I had this combination back then I'm sure I wouldn't be so ashamed of my fashion sense. It's kinda amusing to look back and see what we wore. I think that's why I'm always so amazed by young bloggers who have such a great sense of style already.

Photobucket Photobucket

So I've gained quite a few followers recently and I just wanted to say hello and thanks to you all, and I hope that you're hear to stay!

7/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

jen's outfit: top, sandals -- uo; skirt -- random nyc boutique; belt and ring -- f21
my outfit: top, dress, and sandals -- uo

23 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, i remember when i used to wear my tank tops over a polo and pop the color. those were the days....but not. hahaha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE BLOUSE! I love both of your outfits! Your tank dress is lovely and looks perfect with the blouse underneath! Tank dresses/jumpers are so versatile, I love how you can wear them sleeveless or with a t-shirt or blouse underneath! I'm still looking for a good jumper dress pattern to make a few of my own! Love this Dynamic Duo post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmine--you're both adorable!!!=) love how you really make an effort to make your readers smile. I am smiling wide!:) So awesome.

    P.S. I'm having a major giveaway soon. Hope you could join!:)

    Pax
    http://ipaxme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aaahh i love what you did here, jasmine!! the layering is so so adorable!!!! aaaaaaaahhh!!! you're too cute, dear!! :D one of my fave outfits from you, for sure!:D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are such cute outfits! I love Jen's belt and I love your little dress! That is an amazing top, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, this is a stunning outfit! i want to wear everything that you have on! i know what you mean about the young bloggers and their sense of style. every time i check out the stylish wanderer i think, is this girl really only 14? sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are so cute! I love that top paired with a jumper! I just ordered it from UO a few days ago because it is so cheap and so cute! I really love your Dynamic Duo posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah, what a cute outfit! I love that sailor top and especially adore how you paired it with that pinafore dress :) cuteness!



    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my favorite Dynamic Duo post yet! The piece you chose is awesome. You are both so incredibly adorable. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. You both look so incredible, as usual. This is my favorite post of you both, your outfits are so lovely.
    panda xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovinggg ur outfitt!! :)) nicee!! do make more dynamic duo postt :DD

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. The two of you are cute as ever! I love how you guys made such different outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Saw this on Jen's blog ! You two look so lovely ! I want that top freaking badly ! Haha .

    ReplyDelete
  14. super cute outfit. i love the dynamic duo posts!!! you guys are so cute!!! xoxo

    i am having a giveaway over at my blog sockmonkeyandgee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both your look, the top is gorgeous. I'm in love with pussybows at the moment and this is a more casual version of them. Well done to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i realy adore this outfit on both of you!! the top is just darling!! it gives me a sailor vibe!! i love the way you wore it underneat the dress!!

    and as for the peter pan collar, i saw some on UO for sale online. but they were dresses, so i dont know if that would work :/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love when you do these posts. you both are so cute and have just great style that compliments each other as well as really shows who you are as individuals.

    ReplyDelete
  18. hey jasmine.. no bad intention but your dress makes you look shorter than you already are because it accentuates the wrong body part, namely your less proportional torso :-/

    but the dress is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. too cute! I just adore your style

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahoy Matey! You definitely rocked my boat ;) I always love the Dynamic Duo posts because they're always very inspiring! :) I love how you did the bow and Jen just let it loose. Two different takes, but equally creative :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute blog! come follow me http://www,fashioniceice.blogspot.com xoxo

    ReplyDelete