Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dynamic Duo as Sailors (Again!)

Photobucket
Photobucket

Hello!
Jen had the brilliant idea to do another Dynamic Duo post with this sailor top during our X for X challenges. I didn't mind because we both adore this top and was going to wear it again anyway. I think we did a better job with it the second time around. I love how we re-demonstrated why we're long lost sisters by pairing with dark skirts.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

I began the remodeling process of my room today. I'm so exhausted, but I'm quite happy with the results so far. I purged my closet too, and it feels so good and liberating! I ended up donating half of all my clothes. I can't believe the amount of junk I've accumulated over the years. I have vowed that I won't fill my closet back with the same useless junk! I really am left with just some basics, my beloved stripes, dresses, and skirts. I'll take pictures of the final product once I'm finished. My dad and I are going to remodel the whole house together actually, but I'm doing a trial run on my own room first.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

I love how Jen added the suspenders to the look. Whenever she wears them, I get the need to buy myself a pair or hope that my brother gets one so I can steal them too. I've already stolen his bow tie. It was just laying in the hallway for weeks so I thought I would rescue it. I haven't figured out how to wear it yet though. I need to find the perfect button-up blouse first.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny story behind these photos: In some of them, the fourth button is unbuttoned. I actually didn't realize this until I was checking through the photos after Robert had taken them to make sure the lighting was decent. I think it would've gone unnoticed until much later if he hadn't taken a close-up photo of my skirt. So naturally I buttoned up that fourth button and made him take a few more photos. I also really hate how the tag of my belt is sticking out. I need to cut that asap!

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

If you guys remember, about a month ago, there were some investigations and interrogations going on at work. Well last night, my Facebook was in a frenzy with statuses and chats about the new take-over. Apparently, last night, most of my managers, including the general manager, were fired and the keys and locks were changed. I'm so anxious and nervous to go to work this weekend. While I am glad that our general manager is gone because he was a horrible boss, I can't help but feel responsible about the fate of the other managers--one of whom is eight-months pregnant and all of whom I've become so close to. Before I gave out names, I asked the district manager if anyone would lose their job--and he reassured me that they wouldn't. What a freaking liar. Sorry to end one of my favorite posts with that...I'm just so sad and angry.

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far!

14/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

jen's outfit: sailor top and shoes -- uo; skirt -- f21; suspenders -- brother's; hat -- won from a giveaway

my outfit: sailor top, belt, and skirt -- uo; oxford flats -- aldo; red bow -- etsy

16 comments:

  1. ahahaha i didn't even notice your fourth button was undone! good thing you caught it though with those upclose shots! :P

    and you can never trust investigators. they'll do anything for information. :( keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out alright!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I wouldn't have noticed those few flaws if you hadn't have pointed them out. Fashion bloggers aren't perfect. Yay! :)
    I'd love to see out-takes one day from all the bloggers. That would be so fun!

    As for work. That really sucks. But you know deep down that if they were doing something they shouldn't have, it's all on them, not you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore that sailor top on you two, and how perfect it looks with the black skirts! Can't wait to see your newly remodeled room! Hopefully it'll inspire me to start cleaning mine :)

    Aww I'm sorry about the work situation! So sorry some of your managers lost their jobs. I hope everything works out in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I just love the two of you. I wish I had a duo partner like you do! The both of you are some of the sweetest bloggers around with equally amazing style. I love this sailor top!! You have seriously inspired my new nautical passion for buying all things striped and polka dotted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I can't wait to see your newly acquired bow tie as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg!!! that last bit is disturbing.. i hope nothing bad happens further to you or to your colleagues..

    anyway, on a lighter note.. i really adore this look!! after your challenge is done, we can have a my way, her way - dynamic duo collab! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a pretty big deal. but, you cannot blame yourself. it is good to talk to the higher ups about nasty bosses and i guess there are always risks, but most of the time you have to do what feels right. hopefully your work environment won't be too angsty later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for your comment! Those photos are so amaziing and your outfits are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear about your situation at work :(

    on the bright side you look freaking cute! I can't get enough of that blouse!


    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. sorry to hear about your work stress..that is never good!!!

    buuut...you two are to cute for words!! i love both of the outfits!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look super cute! I love the belt and skirt together. Didn't even notice the fourth button! ;)

    Sorry about work - hope things get better there soon :/

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. both those outfits are too cute! Hang in there at work.. I know how brutal it can get

    I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I seriously love this shirt! It looks so cute on both of you, and I love how you both styled it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. those sailor top, i really love it! u always look fabulous on it.
    wuah the unbuttoned-case solved! i didn't realize until u mentioned it. what a cute mistake ^^

    i'm sorry about your work situation, hope it's get better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable, Love the shoes and the whole nautical vibe.

    Also, when I clicked on your blog I noticed that you're from Irvine and uhhh so am I! Hey neighbor =)

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both of your looks are so similar, I think your right about being long lost sisters. I love both looks. I feel like getting out my suspenders now from Jen's look, not sure how I'd wear them with all this cold weather though.

    ReplyDelete