Friday, July 16, 2010

I Knew I Loved You

Photobucket

Hello!
Yes, I am quite aware that I skipped #5, and no, I'm not cheating! Number 5 is reserved for a very special person and you'll all see who it is soon enough. I also wanted to save my fifth look for my Aldo shoes, which came today! But they're too small! I felt like Cinderella's step-sisters forcing my way into the glass slipper. The shoes are way too cute to just return and were only $20. So it's going to take all the self-control I possess to walk into the mall, straight into Aldo, and straight back out tomorrow. No stops, not even to the bathroom because that might break my concentration.

Photobucket

I can't tell you how much I love this (and the navy version) shirt! I've been looking for an "unfinished" striped shirt, as Robert calls it, for so long! It definitely filled up my inspiration folder during the Fall. It's so soft and comfortable too, which is why I think I'm able to justify Gap's hefty priced basics to myself sometimes. But now I know to wait for sales (buy one get one free ftw!). One day, my daughter is going to look through my closet, find this gem, say it's vintage and get a bajillion comments on it. I think I'll be devastated though if my children hated stripes. But even so, this shirt ain't goin' nowhere! I think my striped collection is pretty much complete now. I just haven't looked at other striped shirts the same way. You know the song "I Knew I Loved You" by Savage Garden? Totally the song I feel about this shirt...ahem, I mean..Robert.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

So this is a mini-Dynamic Duo post. Jen has the same striped top but in grey and I know it's gonna be her third look in her 15 for 15 challenge. I didn't remember until a few minutes ago and I emailed her right away. It's amazing at how similar the items we chose for our challenges are. I told you we're related in some way. She usually posts every other day, and even though she posted yesterday, I hope she reads my email and posts hers tonight so we coordinated! You can see how I styled my navy version here.

Photobucket

Phew! I can't believe I posted 5-days straight. I don't know how others do it! It's quite stressful. I think I just might take tomorrow off. I need to work on photographing other things anyway. Our assignment this weekend is to take pictures that are black-and-white worthy. It's stressing me out because while I love black-and-white photography, I haven't had much experience with it. I need to get at least three good shots because we're also going to print them in a dark room. Any tips anyone?

I have to get ready for work now, but I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

5/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. I'm starting to miss my other clothes.

PPS. Don't forget the Designer Apparel Giveaway!

outfit: striped shirt -- gap; red bow belt -- h&m; pearl headband -- f21; chambray skirt, green sandals -- uo

23 comments:

  1. Ahhh I WANT THAT TEE. I swear I was going to buy every single freaking one. I don't get how bloggers post every day either, it's stressful :P Kudos to you for posting 5 days in a row! It's a straight flush! Anyway, black & white photograpy (I took 4 years of it, developing the film by hand etc. etc.). You really have to focus on getting TONES. I don't know if that makes a lot of sense, but when you print the photos you want your blacks to be BLACK and your whites to be WHITE aka contrast. You have to make sure you have some medians aka gray, but you don't want too much gray, focus on getting contrast. I'll scan some of my old photos and email 'em to you today, they aren't the best... but I guess it'll help a wee bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job so far! You always look so sweet in your outfits. I'm planning to do this soon...and since I don't have a particular blog, I will just post it on my chictopia blog ;p
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aahh that tee is just precious!!! i can totally get the unfinished look as robert describes it. hahaha! :D

    you're just too cute, jasmine.. i just recently got some stuff off UO and i think that has to be it for now with my packages. maybe i can start this challenge too! aahh. but im afraid i'll miss my other clothes as well! hahaha!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. That sucks about your shoes. They didn't have half-sizes in the ones I bought so I went up a size.
    Stepping into a shoe store and coming out empty-handed is hard but not if there isn't anything to buy. I'd say, exchange them. It wouldn't be cheating because they were supposed to be part of your 21 days and since you can't wear them, why not replace them? :)

    Too bad I can't say the same to Jen...her situation is different. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a striped top like that too, its so cute! :)
    Yeah, I admire bloggers who blog everyday for their dedication, but I think its really hard: you have to think out your outfits carefully and then have to be witting and entertaining too... But a lot of them have the incentive to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this outfit! The breton stripes with the bright red bow belt and unexpected pop of color with the shoes!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that shirt! This whole outfit is so cute, I love the combination of the black and white stripes and red belt :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute, cute! I really do love red/black/white, and you work it so well. > w<

    I agree! I can't post more than like every three days, haha. But you're doing really good on your posts.. that's amazing!~ Don't worry if you have to shorten your talking, hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I immediately thought of that song when I saw your post, but then thought "no, that can't be what she meant by that post. Noone still knows that song." :)
    You look so fantastic, and that's a great basic to have around. You (and your stripe-lovin' kids!) will get so much wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you work best under stress becuse your outfits have been outstanding these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  11. if none of your children like stripes...the world is coming to an end. if none if them like stripes i'm sure ONE will like bows ;)

    i'm off to go post my third outfit now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a classic look, it's very nautical and preppy :) The striped shirt is so perfect on you! Aww I'm sorry the Aldo shoes didn't fit, can you exchange them for a bigger size? Hahaha I can't imagine your children hating stripes. I know my mom and I love the same kind of clothes, so I'm sure your children will love stripes and bows and polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow!! i can sense that u n jen reaally r a soulmate :DD,, wearingg and having the samee stripes tee :D. gudd luckkkk!! cant wait for ur 5/21 :),,

    xoxo
    secret of life

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your belt :) It just makes your outfit look sooo cuuute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so terribly adorable! And I have a hard time imagining you having children who didn't like stripes. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw you look so cute! I could use a head band like that!

    Chandler
    http://chandler-freshstart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the touch of the bow belt into your outfits, so cute. :)

    www.mandydiec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so cute in that bow belt Jasmine!! You are the cutest, srsly. I hope we get to hang more one day. I want a boatneck white with blue stripes tee!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww.. it's only been 6 days and you already miss your other clothes. Hanging there, Jasmine! I know you'll get through this with no problems ;)

    GOSH, isn't this the cutest outfit like... EVER? Probably one of my favorites from you so far (out of this challenge). The red bow belt just brings everything together!

    Yeah, I know that Savage Garden song. Too bad they're no longer together :( I love their songs! Totally remind me of my tween-ager years! LOL :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your tee so much! Have a good Monday xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the pop of red! and your top is so cute! I drove past the Irvine lake yesterday on my way to the District and I immediately thought of you! ^.^
    We should get together soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute outfit...
    Love your shirt....
    btw, your bow belt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete