Thursday, July 29, 2010

"Life is No Nitendo Game."

Photobucket

Hello!
So I know these aren't the greatest pictures. They're way too overexposed, but I'm pretty sure you get the gist of my 15th outfit. I did the dress as a top trick again. This skirt and this belt can't stand to be apart so here we are again. We took these photos outside of the restaurant we ate in for dinner, which was Lucille's Smokehouse BBQ . We decided to eat a bit nicer today because Robert just finished his MCATs! It was so delicious and I don't even like BBQ all that much! I want to use jars as cups now.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Chicken tenders as an appetizer; and a combo platter: 1/2 a bbq chicken, pulled pork, beef brisket, french fries, and sweet potatoe fries--scrumptious! I love how they added mint leaves in their sweet tea! I definitely need to have a mint plant in my future backyard to add to my teas! They also had really good biscuits.

Photobucket

While Robert was taking his MCATs, I stepped foot into a Good Will for the very first time. I'm pretty sure it won't be my last. I didn't look at clothes, don't worry I didn't cheat! I was there to look for things for the house. I scored a cute little box for $2 in which I'm going to store my belts; and a set of four Classic Coca-Cola glasses ($1 each) since my family is always running out of cups, and I hate having to wash them just to get a drink of water. So I guess now it'll take a wee bit longer to run out of cups. I have definitely missed the satisfaction of scoring cheap things.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

This polka dot bow is also the last of my pre-challenge haul. It reminded me of Minnie Mouse so of course I had to get it. I gave my best friend at work the other one so we can match. Speaking of work, I went in today to check my work schedule, and all the new managers looked pretty intimidating and serious. I'm pretty sure we won't be able to wear our bows together at work anymore. The whole place seems to have a black cloud over it--it's just so somber and serious now. Robert thinks I should embrace this change because it's a fresh start, but I can't help but feel sad and angry. Hopefully work for me will go smoothly tomorrow night. Don't know what I'm talking about? Catch up on my last post.

On a lighter note--only six more looks until my challenge is done! Yay! Now back to watching Project Runway.

15/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. Currently obsessed with Eminem's "Not Afraid." The title of this post is one of my favorite lines from that song.

outfit: dress/top and skirt -- cotton on; bow belt -- h&m; polka dot bow -- etsy; sandals -- uo

16 comments:

  1. oohhhh too cute! and the food looks delicious, jasmine!! congrats to robert for finishing his mcat :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty.
    :D:D
    where'd you get the bow?? did they have it in black :)?

    http://squishingmushrooms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Growing up, my mother always made us drink out of mason jars (like for jam) because me and my sister had a tendency to break all of the other cups and glasses! now, i think its cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute! I love the spotty skirt and red bow together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. girl, life IS no nitendo game
    don't we know it!
    LOL

    i love your bow hairclip
    and how it matches with your belt
    talk about mathcy mathcy ;)
    loving your polkadot skirt too

    and congratz for ur friend Robert!

    <3
    The Sweetest Escape

    ReplyDelete
  6. I envy your pattern mixing skills! I've been wanting to try polka dots and stripes together but I've been too much of a wimp to do so. This outfit is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not afraaaaid (I'm not afraid) to take a staaand (to take a stand) everybodaaay (Everybody!) come take my hand! i'm obsessed with this song as well (eminem in general actually). and that polka-dot bow is killing me with how adorable it is. i hope work goes well today!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! you look so adorable! mmm Lucille's has the best biscuits ever!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waaaah! You and your bows. I love the minnie mouse-esque bow on your head, it works since your hair is dark, hehe. <3

    I hope your work lightens up.. because bows at work make it so much better. :(!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you know what's better than red, white, and blue? Red, GRAY, and blue :) I have to try that one day! Yay for thrifting! I'm so addicted to Coca-Cola products, I go crazy whenever I go to the Coke store in Vegas.

    I'm sorry work is so troublesome now! I'm sure everyone just looks intimidating, but once you get to know them, it won't be so bad :) Hang in there, Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS: I LOVE LOVE LOVE SWEET POTATO FRIES :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi there! i just found your blog through your chictopia and i love it! you have such an adorable sense of style! i have that red bow belt and i am obsessed with it. isn't it great?

    xo, Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. YOU ARE THE CUTEST THING EVER. I love the colour combination. It's so patriartich. Sometimes I wish I were American - Red and white and blue and stripes is so much better than Canada's boring white and red. Boo.

    And the food? LOOKS DELICIOUS. My stomach is literally rumbling. Though that may have something to do with the fact that it's after 7 and I have yet to eat dinner... Hmm...

    Check out mine?
    QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the look, this is a first in your blog so I am not really updated with the 21 days/Clothes items challenge, hope I'll get it. You look great and I hope that things at work don't get to sober and brighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. polka dots!!! :):) and navy!! two very lovely things

    ReplyDelete
  16. You never know about the new managers. Changes and new things always freak me out, but they often turn out to be positive! At my last job when our department got a new supervisor, I didn't like him at all at first. I thought he was creepy and weird, and I didn't like the change. But after a few months he really grew on me, and we all ended up loving him as our new supervisor. You never know what could happen! I do hope it changes for the better though, and that you can still wear silly, fun things at work. <3

    ReplyDelete