Saturday, July 24, 2010

Soak Up the Sun

Photobucket

Hello!
I really am enjoying these Saturdays off. I think it's becoming my set schedule! And they'll be even better once my bestie gets back from studying abroad in China and once Robert's all finished with his MCATs. They're totally worth a slightly smaller pay check.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So today Robert and I headed to Huntington Beach--a beach we normally don't go to, and when we got there I realized why: $15 for parking. But I think we got our money's worth. I finally got my tan (and a few sunburns...) and I got some good shots for my photo class (see last two photos). I also found a heart shaped rock. I love the beach so much! I can't imagine living anywhere without a beach.

Photobucket

Photobucket

You can't see it very well, but this bow has a pair of anchors printed on it. It came with the small red bow in my last post. I'm really sad that I lost this one somehow on the walk back to the car, but thank goodness it came in a pair. I just have to be really careful with the other one. I think I'll have to secure it to an alligator clip because bobby pins just don't stay put in my thick hair. I'll definitely get better pictures of it next time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This morning my dad told me a package came for me in the mail. My first thought was "I didn't buy anything recently, did I?" (Old habits die hard!) But it turned out to be a surprise from Jen! It was this connector bow ring! It's so adorable and I love it! I just know I'm going to be wearing it a lot already--as if I need any more bows in my outfits! Thanks again Jen!

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

So the reason why we went to a beach we don't normally go to today was to meet Luci, the lovely lady behind her new blog, Camera Shutters, but is better known on Chictopia as Yumsforapples. We missed each other the first time she came around to California, but she came back again for her birthday weekend! It was so easy talking to her about our lives and our future plans. She's starting her own shop so we also planned to host a giveaway here soon.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

I really am loving this coral dress as a top. It seems to go effortlessly with all my skirts. I think I need to find a t-shirt of this color, but until then, this dress will do for now! I really am loving these three colors together. They're all variations of the primary colors. Pink and yellow together always make me think of a strawberry and banana smoothie. Note to self: bring a hair tie to avoid crazy beach hair. And of course a trip to the beach had to end with some ice cream!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Whew! What a long post! I hope everyone is having an amazing weekend. The weather here in California is just so perfect! Too bad I have to work tomorrow.

11/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: dress/top -- cotton on; chambray skirt -- j crew; yellow bow belt -- vintage/etsy; bow ring -- f21 (from jen); anchor-printed bow -- etsy

21 comments:

  1. Adorable outfit, and lovely location for pictures! I am especially digging that last one (get it? digging? you're by the beach? where there's sand? SAND YOU DIG IN? 8D 8D Okay, that was really bad. I won't talk anymore).

    That top is such a pretty color on you! I envy how you can wear so many colors.. I always seem to be able to wear black. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. aahhh you look so cute!!! im so jealous that you've gone to the beach a couple of times already!!! gosh.. i need my tan!!! and summer is about to end in a month! aaahhh!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. pink and yellow always remind me of strawberry lemonade (speaking of, i'm really craving some. like a lot.)

    yay for the bow ring!!! i'm so glad it fits you! and i definitely know what you mean about the beach. there's no way i'd be able to live somewhere without a beach either. i don't care what some people say. lake beaches are NOT the same as ocean beaches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors look delicious Jasmine! You're like a walking talking human candy! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me wish I was in SoCal! You look so pretty on the beach. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to be in California too ):
    Really enjoy reading your blog! (:

    ÆTIENNE.NET

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfit and photographs! This makes me want to go on vacation, the weather in San Francisco has been cold and dreary. I need the sunshine and beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE MY HOMESTATE OF CALIFORNIA! These pictures reminded me of how wonnnnnderful it is to be a California girl! I enjoyed my time in the north(Sf) and it looks like you're having a fab time in the south!

    Chandra
    www.momomod.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I only know your chictopia blog and now i saw that you have your own personal blog too :) I'm your newest follower! you always look so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these three colors together! Coral, yellow, and light blue are three of my favorites :)
    Also, those last two photos are stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute bow belt. :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful beach with adorable person.
    i love the color of your top, so cute looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun!!! You look fabulous. I love the coral and light blue together too.

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that bow belt. you look so cute! looks like you had a lovely day at the beach =]

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah, looking at your pictures makes me wish I could go to the beach now! but its just too chilly here! you look so adorable and I am in love with your bow belt :)


    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pictures, Jasmine! These beach photos represent what California should look like...and not like the crappy beaches we have in SF. I'm so jealous! And why are your color combinations always so FABULOUS?! I really love the look of coral, yellow, and light blue together! I would have never thought of that combo! Yay for the blogger meet-up, hope you two had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE these colors! You look so summery and adorable. I would LOVE to have Saturdays off, it'd definitely be worth a slightly smaller paycheck. Unfortunately that's just not an option for me :( Anyway love your blog! I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. naww cute primary coloured ensemble. I want your belt Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. $15 for a parking at the beach? That's crazy!! Well, at least the sun was up and you managed to get great outfit shots :D

    Another great outfit for the challenge, Jas! I love the Easter Egg color palette ;) (No, you don't look like an Easter Egg whatsoever!!) And love how you matched the bow belt with the bow ring and the bow hairpin! You're the Queen of Bows :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the colors jasmine! I especially love the yellow bow belt. =) Looked like you had fun!:)

    Love, Paxie
    http://ipaxme.blogspot.com

    P.S. My big blog giveaway has started. It's open to international readers. Hope you could join!=)

    ReplyDelete