Monday, July 19, 2010

Somewhere Only We Know

Photobucket

Hello!
I had a lovely weekend off and feel so refreshed to be blogging again! Though last night, I was way too exhausted from work to plan today's outfit (I took a 3-hour nap and then still managed to sleep until 11 this morning), hence the super simple outfit today. But sometimes less is more! Tomorrow will definitely be better.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Today, I had a wonderful day! After making Robert and I lunch, we headed out to Old Town Irvine to get some shots for my black and white photography project. We then watched "Inception," which was...mind-blowing to say the least! I really quite liked it and it really gets you thinking about the difference between dreams and reality.

Photobucket

Photobucket

While editing and choosing photos, the song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day kept repeating in my head, especially the beginning part that goes "I walk a lonely road..." Well it wasn't a lonely road, in fact it was a pretty painful road to walk on with sandals. I like this location, but next time I'll definitely be wearing more sensible shoes!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Afterward, we got a delicious dinner at Ruby's because I wanted to take pictures of an ice cream sundae in a retro-setting and what better place than Ruby's? We visited two malls today and it was the hardest thing not to step into a store and shop, but the only store I stopped in was Aldo. They didn't have the shoes in the store so they had to order it. I'm so anxious to wear them! I feel like by the time I get them, my challenge will be half-way over!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I can't believe a week has already passed by since I started the challenge. I really am starting to learn the value of my clothes. I'm 1/3 of the way there! Woohoo!

6/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. Today is the last day to enter the Designer Apparel Giveaway! I will be choosing the winner Wednesday morning!

outfit: grey striped dress -- cotton on; red bow belt -- h&m; green sandals -- uo; white bow -- etsy

19 comments:

  1. aaahh!!!! you look great, dear!!! i think the belt goes so well with your entire wardrobe and i think it's so you!!! great purchase! :D

    that sundae looks delish!! wow! :D yum yum!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that bow belt! so cute!

    and ahh i soo need to watch inception, but i'm waiting until the crowds die down a bit. also waiting until i can use my free ticket, which doesn't work on new releases haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the belt! I just saw Inception today actually :) Great movie. I'm so glad I didn't get up to go to the bathroom, otherwise I would have been so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The diner photos would have been perfect in black & white.

    Congrats on making it through week one!
    I bet in the end you'll be glad to where something new for a change, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bow belt goes so perfectly with that dress!! And I'm super jealous of your yummy ice creams. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The red belt really goes a long way. And all the bows make this outfit extra-extra special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. im trying to eat more healthy food, but i am also pretty much addicted to ice cream. i want that sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That red bow belt is so good! It really defines your outfit. This look is simple but so chic! You are motivating me to try this challange... : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pictures. That sundae looks super delicious. And I totally get the less is more attitude. Especially during summer. I'm looking forward to layers for fall. This weather is taking a beaten on me! hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  10. ur blog fill by cute outfit :)

    i love ur outfit its cute ...so summer hehehe

    x.o.x.o

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love that red belt!!! & that sundae looks amazing. i really want one now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. That red belt of yours makes everything go together so perfectly.. it makes everything exciting! :) Cute pictures and dress. <333

    ReplyDelete
  13. i just drooled over the ice cream. YES, delicious. and can i just say how much i adore the location of this photoshoot? the tracks are awesome (good thing a train didn't come by) and i love the outfit! that belt seriously makes any outfit! i'm learning the value of my clothes a lot more too. who knew you could wear one item so many different ways :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so adorable.

    That food looks so amazing. O.O

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this simple outfit, and I agree that sometimes simple is just perfect. Also, I'm super jealous that you got to eat that ice cream! It looks so yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. these are such great blog-y photos (i love the railroad tracks!) and omg your sundae looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. you're adorable with all those bows! and omggggg gimme that sundae!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy that sundae and burger look so good! I just adore 1950s diner franchises :) Train tracks always look so cool, I'm just a little paranoid about getting hit by one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute outfit , i ♥ the bows !

    ReplyDelete