Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Count on Me like 1, 2, 3

Photobucket

Hello!
So I already sold my first item from my newly opened shop! This is so exciting! Setting that up took up most of my afternoon. While Robert was in class, I ventured outside to take my own photos. I stopped at this one park and spotted a old creeper peering out of his window while I was setting up. He didn't even look away or flinch when I looked right at him so I just got back in my car and drove away. I then tried to take some photos at the lake again, but it was much too bright and the sun kept casting weird shadows on my face (which is why I'm looking away in so many of these photos). So I waited for Robert to finish class, and we went to my old elementary school. I like how my belt matches all the yellow in the playground.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Robert has become quite the photographer. It seems like with each and every shoot we do, I have a harder time narrowing down which photos to use. He even told me he looked up photography tips--now that's love! It's so much quicker than searching for a trash can or something to prop my camera on. Since I'm not allowed to shop for clothes for the next 18 days, I swore I'm going to buy myself a tripod since I have no excuse now. I usually choose clothes over a tripod. We also took my 50mm lens out for a spin today. Can you tell the difference between the photos above and the two photos below? A new lens is another thing I need to buy before my challenge is over.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I bought this belt on Etsy about a week ago, and even though it's a bit small--I love it. I had to take it off after dinner though hehe. It's because of this belt that I didn't go for the black H&M one. I was a little hesitant in buying it because I don't wear much yellow, but it was only $6. Yellow and blue actually go quite well together despite their being my university's colors (I have no school spirit whatsoever). My underwear today even went with today's color scheme!

Photobucket

Photobucket

It feels good to be back in stripes again. I almost bought this top for full price ($20) a month ago. Robert and I even got into an argument over it (silly, I know), but I really was looking for a breton striped top like this for a while. Thank goodness I waited/we got into a little argument because I got two of them for the price of one! Jen has one in grey too and she's using it as one of her 15 items. I smell another dynamic duo in the mix! I didn't notice I used three (stripes, florals, and polka dots) different patterns until now. My en route Aldo shoes would've been a better pick but I gotta work with what I have at the moment.

Photobucket

Every time the timer is going or every time Robert is ready to take the picture, the wind decides to blow. I think the wind is out to get me. Usually the wind in the hair is sexy, but not on me. I also think I need to get my hair trimmed soon.

3/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: striped top -- gap; polka dot skirt -- cotton on; floral flats -- f21; bow belt -- vintage/etsy

currently obsessed with this song: count on me -- bruno mars



PS. Don't forget to enter the Designer Apparel Giveaway!

16 comments:

  1. Oh such cuteness! I love the bow belt. and blue and yellow are my school colors too. :)

    www.mandydiec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have done without knowing about the underwear, Jasmine! hehe

    I love the close-up's! Robert is getting really good at this.

    I still can't wait to see your new shoes and I'm waiting for the day you put your floral ones up for sale in your new shop. But of course, I'm sure they are the wrong size. :)

    P.S. I hate playground's these day. OSHA has really ruined things for us. Everything is so metal and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay playgrounds, one of my favorite childhood (and present) past-times! I love yellow and blue and white together, I think they all go so well together! Haha I have that same shirt, and I was almost contemplating buying it at regular price, but my mom kept telling me to wait for a coupon or sale. Thank goodness I waited!

    I'm sure tripods aren't too expensive, unless you're going for the more professional and fancy ones! I think mine was only $10 from Radio Shack :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the bow belt is so cute!! And I noticed you were wearing three prints when I first saw your pics too! I love it :) They make a great mix!

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaahhh hurray! i totally love this yellow-blue-white outfit!!! it's refreshing to see those colors together! :D

    i can totally relate to having to look for a trash can or a ledge to prop my camera! hahaha! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, I love your daily posts Jasmine! (: and the yellow belt is sooo cute. I agree, the pictures are getting better and better! Kudos to Robert. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute skirt! I loveee the yellow bow and the flats. Nice combo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jasmine! You are so freakin' adorable. Seriously. I love how much you love bows.. anytime I see a bow, I think of you.. and no not in a creepy way.. a ha ha ha. :) You've got a great boy and that's so sweet he helps you with your blog photos.

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bows! You are so cute with your bows. :D I love your yellow one, and your shirt is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look pretty in navy and yellow. It's a good mix. I'm digging the floral with the stripes and pokka dots too.

    And yeah, I hate it when the sun is all in my face. It drives me crazy. That's what Zach and I debate about the most. How to combat the shadows and pictures where I'm not squinting..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. i LOVE this outfit. it's all my favorites...bows, flowers, stripes, and polka dots!!!! PERFECT! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. JASMINE MY THIRD LOOK USES MY STRIPED SHIRT AS WELL!!!! I can't wait to post it, haha :)
    You're so adorable with the stripes and the polka-dots and i swear, that yellow belt is perfect with the navy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. stripes / polka dots / a bow / floral flats. you've managed to put everything i love into 1 outfit. u look super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute, I love that yellow bow and those shoes are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are absolutely adorable and you have a great blog! I just wanted to thank you for becoming a follower to mine and that I am now a follower to yours.


    Arielle

    ReplyDelete