Friday, July 02, 2010

Journey to the Past

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello!
I am so excited for today's post! It has been a crazy week. I worked five-days straight Saturday-Wednesday and I was so exhausted yesterday that I ditched class and just stayed at home with Robert. I slept in until 11 today and I feel so rejuvenated!

Photobucket

Ever since Erin started her Cycle Chic features, I've wanted a bike. And since my year-long bus pass has expired, I needed a new way to get to work and to my new school in the Fall. I saw this bike at Target and instantly fell in love! It has such a great vintage look yet it has hand-brakes, which is what I'm used to. It also has leather handles. It was only $170 too; a monthly bus pass here is $55, so I think this was the better deal! I love Target even more now. I already have a wicker basket and a bell on the way, and I'm going to paint this baby my favorite color, mint-green, soon. I also have this mini-license plate with my name on it that I got as a kid in San Francisco that I want to put on the back of it. I can't wait to show you the final product! It's been such a great work out too! I'm actually excited to go to work on Saturday. Now I just need to convince Robert to get a bike and we can bike all summer long!

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was kinda scared about not being able to ride it since I hadn't in years, but the saying "It's just like riding a bike" is so true! I felt like a kid riding down the same street where I learned to ride my first bike 10+ years ago. I love the feeling of the wind in my hair and the sun on my body. I am going to get so tan over the next few days since I have work Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my newest bow. I told myself I wouldn't buy any bows until my friend got back from China but I just couldn't resist how ridiculously girly and cheap ($1.50) this one was. I also think I have found my perfect red bow on Etsy. Ah well, I can never have enough bows! I have also become obsessed with belts lately. I need to find a bow belt soon.

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Taylor, of Auburn not Red, sweetly sent me this bow for the upcoming holiday and I thought it'd look way cuter on my bike than on me. Have a great holiday weekend everyone! I'll be stuck at work, but thankfully I can see fireworks from my room when I get home.

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. My interview with Lydia for EIU made the front page of Chictopia! Check it out here.

outfit: striped top, red belt, blue skirt, green sandals -- uo; pink bow -- f21; schwinn gateway bike -- target

19 comments:

  1. Awww, I love your bike!~ <3 and your bow is totally adorable. n_____n~

    ReplyDelete
  2. naww thats so cute, I havent ridden a bike for so long either, I'm too scared a car will hit me or something. I'm overly nervous about roads.

    cute blue outfit too, I need some more skirts. Also I am on the lookout for a bow belt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfit is so lovely! That bow is adorable! :)
    I want a bike so badly, but I think I would be too afraid to actually bike anywhere :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a bike so badly. They sell them at Urban Outfitters on-line and you can custom make it. I've been playing with it so much but just don't have the money. It's great that you found the perfect one and can customize it to your specs. by painting it and adding your tag, a basket and bell. I love bicycle bells!

    The bow looks cute on your bike! I'll be wearing mine on Sunday. I'll feel like such a kid but it's July 4th! That time of year always brings back the past. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe that bike is from Target! What a find, lady!
    You look so cute riding it, I bet you'll love taking it to work and around town.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that bike looks so cool! I can't wait to see the finished project! I've always wanted a vintage-looking bike, complete with a basket! Unfortunately, I can't ride a bike. I have tried, but it's only resulted in me screaming down the street while my friend helps me push the bike. Still seeing yours makes me want to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this entire outfit, especially your headband!

    dailycupoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute bike! i got a vintage-esque bike for walmart back in April and I ride it everywhere. My bf has a bike too, and that is how we get around! it is so much fun. i really like the idea about the liscence plate. i have one from las vegas and im going to try and put it on!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. have been wanting a vintage beachcruiser for a while! Maybe I should check out Target:D You always have the cutest bows:) This bow works great with your outfit, a feminine touch <3
    xoxo

    chicinwonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oohhh gosh, jasmine,.. i cant wait to see your bike all dolled up! :D so cute! :D

    you look so adorable in that pink headband!! really! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look so happy with your new bike!! I think it's adorable and I can't wait to see it mint green. I also think your outfit is way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. THAT TOP. AND THAT BOW. Look so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your headband! So cute. And now I want a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great bike! I've been wanting a new bike for a while. I didn't know Target had European-style bikes.

    clothed much, a modest fashion blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for your bike! It's gorgeous, dear. (: and oh, I've been on the hunt for the perfect bow belt for so long, I've almost given up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look soooooo cute!
    http://bubbbbbbaf.blogspot.com
    follow me?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Augh my bike is in my hometown and this post made me miss it so much!!! You look soooo cute with that bike! It definitely suits you! Congratulations on your interview being featured! I'm really excited to see your bike mint green with a basket and bell! AUGH I WANT TO GO BIKE RIDING!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, you're so cute with your new bike!! I absolutely love it! If I had a cuter bike, I'd probably be on it a lot more often. Haha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. wish I could also ride a bike around here. Hehe. Lovely bike! And I can totally relate with your bow obsession!:) BTW, followed you. Will include you on my blogroll:

    ReplyDelete