Thursday, July 22, 2010

Love Potion No. 69

Photobucket

Hello!
Today's outfit was inspired by this photo while I was browsing through my tumblr's dashboard. At first I didn't think this skirt could work with stripes, but now I know that it'll work with the right striped shirt! I would've worn this with my red bow belt, but I think I'll give my bow belts a bit of a rest so you don't get sick of them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We took these photos while on a study break before getting dinner and ice cream. Have I told you how much I love ice cream? It puts me in the best mood! For a while I preferred frozen yogurt since it's not as thick, but froyo's cookies n' cream is no match for the ice cream version. Which do you prefer?

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

I have so many bug bites--seven currently and in the most awkward places, like one on my toe. I definitely need to buy some bug repellent cream and put it on before bed because that's when I get bitten. Can't these bugs pick on someone their own size?

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

After dinner, we walked around a mall (but I again resisted the urge to step into a store). We visited the candy store, where they had some pretty crazy candy and drinks, including this Love Potion. We were feeling a bit adventurous so we decided to try it. As you can tell...it tasted horribly. It tasted like cherry 7-up, which I don't like. I don't even like cherry coke all that much or even cherries for that matter.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I also finally bought some fake flowers to thread on my bike's wicker basket. Michael's was having a huge sale, but I need to go back and get a few more stems since I apparently didn't get enough. The next thing I'm looking to get is a basket for the back so I can put my books there while I bike to school in the Fall. So I guess this is what boys feel like when they're putting together cars...Interesting.

9/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: striped t-shirt -- gap; chambray skirt -- j crew; belt and sandals -- uo; red bow -- etsy

13 comments:

  1. You did a pretty good job with your outfit! It is similar, but very different at the same time. Your bike looks really cute! I love putting baskets on mine as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god your bike basket! i'm in love with it (my bike basket when i was still in the single digits was pink and tacky :P). i adore how the stripes in your belt and your shirt are similar but different enough to create an awesome look.

    and send that love potion right over. i love cherry coke! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love potionnumber 9~~ *starts singing really badly*

    I love your belt! It looks like it has one of those twisty-lock closures like on vintage purses. So different, I likey. :) && d'awww! Mr. Bikey looks too fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sandals! Also, your bike basket looks so cute with those little daisies :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Schwinn bike is so sweet with that basket! I love your remixed outfit, that shirt actually looks perfect with the skirt! Haha I love how your belt blends with your shirt! I really like soft serve ice cream, but I'm not sure if that's ice cream or froyo. I think it's more like in between :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aawww your bike is really pretty!! i was just in a thrift store awhile ago and i saw bike plates. oohh, i should have gotten them for you!!

    anyway, you're looking so cute! stripes and chambray for the win!! :D i hate the cherry + soda combinations they think of too!!

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww who can ever get tired of your bow belts Jasmine? (:

    Well, I am a huge fan of froyo, mainly because of the tangy taste. I love it with fresh fruits on top! But of course nothing beats real ice cream for those chocolate-based cravings. (;

    I have total bike envy right now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your face when you tasted that drink is sooo funny! And I love striped top with the striped belt. So cute! And awesome that you didn't go into a store! Oh and did you see that UO $5 sale going on? I nearly died that I couldn't buy anything:-( But hopefully next time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. may be it's actually a love poison? ^^
    the skirt perfectly match with your t-shirt, and u look cute, as always.
    ah.. the flower really makes your bike pretty, good idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too cute! And very inspiring, considering I have a skirt almost just like that one and now I see how well it works with stripes--thanks for the idea! And what is this Love Potion drink you're sipping on...you say it tastes like Cherry 7up? Hmmmm, I kinda like Cherry 7up, at least the Bonne Bell lipsmackers' Cherry 7up flavor. I'll keep my eyes peeled for it next time i'm at the store. I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will never get bored of your signature bow hairpins and belts :) In this look, the red bow hairpin really brings the outfit together :)

    And yay for the wicker basket. Looks so adorable <3 Did you mention that you're going to paint the bike mint-green? I think it's going to look very cute and vintage-y :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog and it's lovely! very cute outfit. im in love withh that spinning picture of the carousel, its so whimsical!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha I love picking up random drinks and trying them out. Too bad yours tasted so gross! That is so often the case with questionable beverages...

    I dunno, I may have to disagree with you on the ice cream count. I used to be an avid ice cream fan, but I discovered froyo with cookie dough chunks as topping, and... I'm in love. I can't get enough. It's refreshing and cakey all at once! :D

    And finally, I love how the stripes in your tee and in your belt combine to make stripey awesomeness. Love this whole look.

    ReplyDelete