Saturday, July 31, 2010

Through These Hard Times

Photobucket

Hello!
My goal this week was to use my remaining two items: my pink shorts and this red cardigan, so today's outfit was built around this cardigan in my usual color scheme--red, white, and blue. Now you've seen all 21 items.The remaining four will be interesting to say the least. I think I'll be trying one of your suggestions on styling my pink shorts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm so sorry these photos are so dark. This was my first time taking my own pictures with my new tripod. So just bear with me as I experiment with different settings and locations. I tried to salvage the photos with photoshop, but even its mystic powers couldn't save them. I'm sure you get the gist of the outfit though since you've seen all these pieces before. I worked the closing shift last night. Usually we finish closing before 11:30, but we didn't clock out until around midnight and so that's when I had to bike home. I guess I must've caught a cold since I forgot to bring along a cardigan. My congested mind couldn't see how dark these photos were on my camera.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Work last night was a disaster. I went in with an open mind, but 5-minutes into my shift, I was already hating the change. The new general manager makes me miss the old one, who we all hated, but at least he listened to us. He's turning the place upside down as if he owns the place (he's just a temp right now)--changing everything and in the most ridiculous, inefficient ways. I pretty much argued with him all night long. While I was on my break with my coworker, he overheard us talking about him since he was sitting right behind us. It was so awkward and kinda funny at the same time, but when we clocked back in, he had a heart to heart with each of us. I didn't apologize, but I just told him that he couldn't just change everything so suddenly--I mean we just lost all of our managers for goodness sake. We were a family; it's as if we turned in our own parents to the police. The new managers are all so cocky, and all but one haven't bothered to introduce themselves to us. How are we supposed to respect people like that? Ugh. It just makes me so mad, and to think I have 7-hour shifts on Sunday and Monday. I'm really not sure how much longer I can last.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway, enough about work...just thinking about it makes me upset. I'm hoping things will turn around soon or that I find a new job soon. Someone please hire me?

I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend so far!

17/21

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: red cardigan -- zara; lace tank -- f21; skirt -- uo; belt -- purse strap; oxford flats -- aldo; pink bow -- h&m

15 comments:

  1. I still have yet to use my tripod.. momma still takes my pictures, hehe! I wish I could be as brave as you. But these pictures are really, really good! And I think this might be my favorite outfit so far of yours in this challenge. I love the lace and that belt!!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work situation seems pretty bad! I would try and look for a better job, one that is more stable! I'm loving your outfit, as usual! I have the same shoes as you, except I got a blue pair. Don't you hate how all of Aldo's shoes are at least a size smaller? I am a size 7 but every time I get shoes from there I have to get an 8!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your red cardigan! It's so pretty! Aww I'm sorry work is so horrible now! If it doesn't work out, you can always quit! Or since they're temps, they'll be gone soon! Hang in there, things'll get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear about your work situation. Don't be afraid to quit and find a new job if necessary, even though it's a hassle and a little scary. But you're hella talented and smart and you could work anywhere!

    I love the lace detailing on your tank and it looks really lovely with red. I'm excited to see you in shorts again...

    xo Jenny

    (PS--Blogger won't let me post comments under Fashion for Writers anymore! Oh well, at least I figured out how to comment on your blog after days of trying with no avail!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your white lace top is so cute! and is that clasp detail on your belt is quite different, i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jasmine, you always look so cute in your photos. :) So sorry to hear about work. Hope things get better there real quick!!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love ur inner lacey top ,, anywayy,, cant wait for ur last 4 days challenged!! u r almost theree!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope work improves soon, it's really horrible to work in an awkward atmosphere constantly. I really like this outfit though, I love the lace detailing on the top and the red cardigan looks great. Looking forward to your last looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear your job is getting more crappy. But at least you were able to vent your grief to your manager. Maybe he'll slow things down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love red on you & that shirt is beautiful. i am so sorry about your work. hang in there. i am on my last 5 outfits and i can not wait to be done!!! c'mon tuesday!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. really really like your red cardigan! so cute and it looks great on you! love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww sorry about the work stuff! I hope you guys find a way to work together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely outfit! such a pretty lacy top & i LOVE your belt!

    i hope your work situation improves very soon, its rubbish hating work when you spend so many hours a day there!

    www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, I love this outfit! Your top is so cute and the shoes are amazing. Blah, sorry for all the work troubles. Let's think about happy things instead, like how cute you look in these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you produced great shots in your first experience with a tripod :) I've been using a tripod for over a year now and I still suck at it:p

    Sorry to hear about the crappy day at work :( I also hate changes, especially when they're stupid changes. When I used to work P/T at Starbucks, my new manager changed everything (from store arrangements to how we make drinks) and all the old crew (my coworkers) quit because they couldn't stand her. I didn't stay for long either. I couldn't stand working with her and all I wanted to do was to throw hot coffee at her, hahahahha.. :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete