Thursday, January 07, 2010

When I Drive Myself, My Light is Found

Photobucket

Hello!
Sorry for the absence over the couple of days...it's been such a hectic first week at school. I started my internship at the UCI Children's Center. I'm there Tuesday, Thursday and Friday mornings, so I haven't been able to wake up early enough to take outfit photos during those days. But I've just been repeating past outfits this week anyway. The internship is going well! I adore the kids, but it's so tiring trying to keep up with all their energy. I hope next week I will be better adjusted and have time to take pictures, because my 50mm lens arrived yesterday!

Photobucket
(All headbands except for the red sequined one [from Kaitlyn] are from Forever 21; and all bow hair clips are from H&M)

Since I don't have much to update you on...I thought I'd do a post on my bow collection, since I've become quite notorious for them now--on Chictopia and in real life. Bows, to me, add the final touch to any and every outfit. It's that little pop of color in a monochromatic outfit, or the perfect accessory to go with a flouncy skirt. My obsession began with the purchase of the green bow. I was shopping with a friend, and on a whim I tried it on and it was love from then on.

Photobucket

I'm always on the hunt for bows nowadays--currently for a white and another red one. I think my style was forever changed by that green little bow. I used to be a major tomboy as a kid--I loathed shopping, hated pink, etc. Even now, I still am sort of one: I don't own a pair of heels or boots, and I don't wear make up. But bows definitely catered to my girly side, and now I find myself wearing a lot more feminine pieces (ie. ruffles, skirts, lace, etc.). They're also the childhood I never had: I always wished my mom would brush my hair and fix it up all pretty, but she never had the time. I need to learn how to make my own bows...that would save lots of money.

Hehe you get to see what I looked like on Prom. I wore my friend's white flats, and a white cream dress, with a gorgeous back, that I got from Wet Seal for $9! My accessories were from Forever 21. I think my whole prom look was like $15! And I did my own hair, and of course no make-up. Robert and I didn't even really go to prom: we just dressed up, took photos with friends, and ate dinner with them. We went to the beach instead, and then watched Spider Man 3. Wow, we look so much younger then...Ah high school.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Blue Plaid Blouse -- Urban Outfitters; Red Headband -- Forever 21; Oxfords -- Urban Outfitters)

This is what I wore yesterday--I know so simple and boring yes? I was feeling a bit preppy yesterday after browsing through pictures of Alexa Chung, and I feel like my oxfords just make everything a little preppier!

I am currently obsessed with the song, "Drive" by Incubus. If you haven't listened to it yet, you should especially if you're feeling a sense of uncertainty as I am right now. Well I'm off to grab some coffee and then to class at 3:30! Later today, I'm going to the gym (it's slowly becoming part of my routine!) and probably get started on my weekly readings so I don't fall behind.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far! I will try to post tomorrow.

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. Thanks to Jen and Jasna for giving me blogger awards, I will do them soon! You two are always so sweet, and stylish of course!

15 comments:

  1. Hey Jasmine, I hope your internship & school get less hectic for you! Beautiful pics of bows, and I love seeing your prom picture! - Natalya of Wear Necessities

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your bow collection!!! you're one of the main reasons why im getting into the whole bow thing too! :D teehee!!

    so what do you do in your internship? is it like volunteer work? it sounds interesting. :D

    i love incubus. drive was one their best hits! :D i love listening to that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god i love your bow collection! i think i might actually invest in one now.
    and those oxfords really do prep up your outfit! i love them so much. and that prom picture is adorable!!! i love how you only spent $15 :)

    i haven't listened to drive in forever, and i'm feeling a bit uncertain about a lot of things, listening to it again really helped :)
    hope everything gets less hectic (your internship sounds awesome)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS I LOVE INCUBUS .

    Anyway, I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS I LOVE BOWS

    Oh and, I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY I LOVE JAZZY

    <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your nightstand is so well organized! Mine is covered with stuffed animals and my slippers.

    Have fun with your new camera lens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I have quite a bow collection started too, Maybe I will need to post mine sometime for you.
    :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pretty bows are totally your signature so I'm so glad you posted some pics of all of them! Like Karl Lagerfeld and his

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your wonderful headbands! Beautiful! And your oxfords are so amazing! I wish I had a black and white pair like that! I did when I was a little girl. Cutest things ever!

    Happy to hear that your internship is going well! What are you studying in school?

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the comment!
    I love all your bows. I was actually going to buy those shoes from UP, too.
    And its good to know you are washing your face with a product rather than splashing water!! It's SO much better than just water! Definitely try laura mercier.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bows! so cute! ^^
    and the pictures are great also..

    ReplyDelete
  11. do i spy with my little eye a red sequin bow? love it! where'd you find all these gorgeous bows?

    www.thehautebitch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for the internship! I'm sure you'll get used to the kids soon! lol! And I love your bow collection! I don't have any bows :(


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely casual outfit! You can't help but be inspired by Alexa Chung :) Your internship sounds wonderful, not even like a job or anything at all! I always like your hair bows! I wish I could wear them, but headbands give me a bad headache. You should definitely try to make some, they're incredibly easy to make!

    ReplyDelete