Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nothing Fancy

Photobucket
(source: papertissue)

Hello!
Ahh! Sorry for the lack of posts...The weather here has been crazy, at least to me. We went from beautiful clear blue skies--even 80-degree winter weather--to...hours and hours of pouring rain, thunder, lightening, and even tornado warnings!! Such a drastic change :( My outfits have been as drab as the weather, so sorry no outfits this week...

Photobucket

My love for rain is getting pounded out of me with each rain droplet. I think I used to love it because it was so rare here in sunny California, but after a week of it, I don't want to see it come again for a very, very long time. But the rain's glistening effect on nearly everything after the rain makes it worth enduring through being wet and cold through out the day. Tomorrow is supposedly our last day of rain so hopefully a rainbow will finally come out! I don't know how you girls who endure snow storms do it...and manage to look so cute and chic in your winter clothes. Amazing!

Photobucket
(source: loveyourchaos)

As a result of all this rain, I haven't been able to take any pictures though I should've. The wedding gig is this Saturday. Robert and I booked a motel, and we're leaving for Santa Clarita tomorrow. It's insane. I remember when getting this gig was just a crazy idea, and now it's real...! I've been reading a lot of wedding photography books and have actually learned a lot this week, so hopefully that'll help on Saturday. I'm so nervous/anxious/excited all at once! I can't wait to wake up on Sunday and upload them onto my Mac and begin editing!

This is such a useless post...Sorry to disappoint you, but my life isn't very interesting. This week has just been about getting through the storm (literally and metaphorically). I think I only went to two classes this week. The next post will obviously be better, so I'll leave you with a song I've been listening to recently. On rainy days, mellow, acoustic music is the best. Enjoy! :)


--Nothing Fancy by Dave Barnes

Until next post,
Jasmine

______________________________________

Okay after reading all that...I felt pathetic and remembered I took some photos of my room over the long weekend. So here's a taste of my room until I can do a video-room tour!

Welcome to my Room!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Even though it takes up most of my room, I love my queen-sized bed! This is the only bed I've had...ever. And it's probably coming with me when I move out.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I wasn't lying when I said my closet was categorized by color... :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So many memories bottled up in this one room...15 years worth in fact. I absolutely cannot wait to get out though.

13 comments:

  1. aahhh.. i love your room.. pretty much like mine but yours is spacier! :D i have had a picture wall project on hold for the longest time. my walls are so bare and i badly need to decorate them or something. i love that polaroid idea! :D

    and yes, hurray for acoustic tunes on rainy gloomy days..

    great post as always, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww i love how cozy and personal your room is! there are pictures and stuffed animals everywhere! :) and you're so organized when it comes to your closet haha. i guess it makes it easy when you're color coordinating!

    good luck with the wedding gig this saturday, that must be so exciting! i know whenever i go and take photos i'm always eager to edit them when i get back haha. hopefully we'll get a peak at a few of the photos you take ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely room, I love your collage of photos and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a cute room!! it really makes me miss my old room at my parents :( weh!! i love the photos!! and tornado warnings?! crazy weather in southern california huh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your room is lovely! So home-y, and I see those striped shirts popping out of your closet! My room is absolutely too messy to ever take pictures of. Wow the wedding gig is this Saturday? So exciting! Good luck and have fun, it sounds so awesome! Be sure to take some pictures for us readers! I know, this rain is bringing me down too :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks so comfy, like a refuge in the rain:) I know what you mean about rain. I love it too...until we get too too much. In Florida, where I'm from, it used to storm every afternoon, especially in the summer,for about an hour and then clear up. That was wonderful.

    Good luck with your wedding gig this weekend! I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Room tour are so fun!! I should do one too.. except mine kinda boring! ;)

    Have a fun time at your wedding gig!

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, great comfy room, jasmine! i love how you managed to fit in a queen-sized bed AND a comfy chair in a room! :D you're very clean and organized too! i need to reorganize my accessories like you do, and maybe post up some pictures on the my boring wall, hahaha :D

    GIANT YOSHI!!!!!! <3
    THE BLACK & WHITE PIGS!!!! <3

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your room is so cute! I love your picture wall!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh I like how you have your necklaces! I need to try that, it looks great for small spaces (like my apartment!!).

    And I love your stuffed Yoshi! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow! Your room is so "you"! I love it! And I'm super excited to hear how your wedding gig goes! How exciting!! Brett and I were dancing to your mix CD last night. Hehe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!
    Let me say that I love your blog and your outfits. I'm from Romania, so now you can say your blog is known all over the world! But on this post I can't see the photos, it seems like your photobucket account has a problem :(((((
    Keep up the good work!
    x

    ReplyDelete