Friday, January 01, 2010

Sometimes Goodbye is a Second Chance

Photobucket
(Polaroids from yesterday, and a random pamphlet that was given to me outside a store on Third Street in Santa Monica yesterday.)

Hello!
So it's two hours into the new year. I'm exhausted, but I need to get this post in before all the New Years' excitement wears off and is replaced by dread of the upcoming year.

Here are my resolutions:
1. Lose (at least) thirty pounds. If losing weight is one of yours too, let's do it together! We're better together than alone! Thank you to Tieka for inspiring me and encouraging me!
2. Take more pictures (and get better at photography).
3. Graduate this year, and apply to art school.
4. Spend less money on clothes.
5. Land my first wedding gig as a photographer.

What are yours?!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
(wearing: red sequined-bow headband -- kaitlyn; floral top, gray cardigan, and oxfords -- urban outfitters)
Photobucket

So these are my new shoes! I still find them a bit odd looking on me since I'm so used to seeing myself in ballet flats, but they're comfortable and cute so I'm sure they'll grow on me! I didn't get many good shots of my outfit today...so you can't really see my new floral top, but not to worry it'll definitely be worn soon! I feel like I'm turning into one of those girls who have left Chictopia to work on their blogs, but I promise I am not...I haven't found time in the mornings to take my own pictures, but I will try tomorrow!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sky was so lovely today compared to yesterday's rain. It's so ironic/frustrating that it rained yesterday when we went to Santa Monica. Ah well, yesterday was still amazing--you can read more about it in my previous post if you haven't already. My pictures today were mediocre at best. A lot of them turned out overexposed, but this is the last sunset of 2009 so I did what I could.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My New Years Eve was pretty mellow--no crazy party or anything. I spent the day with Robert at his place in Chino. We watched Away We Go, and it wasn't bad for an indie film. I really loved the message of the movie, which was: you can't fix everyone else; you just have to work on yourself and your own life. We then did a bit of shopping where I finally got to spend a little bit of my gift cards to Forever 21--I bought yet another striped top and a necklace. We then headed over to a friend's house where we made salsa from scratch, played poker and scrabble, and missed the countdown. It was a lovely last day of the year nonetheless!

Well I should be getting to bed now. There will hopefully be a better post tomorrow since it'll be my last real day of winter break (yet again, I have work this weekend). So Happy New Year to everyone! May 2010 be a better year for all of us! I'm really excited to blog throughout the year actually! It'll be so fun to look back next year!

Until next post,
Jasmine

14 comments:

  1. happy new year!!

    I love your photographs, they're so pretty. Your new years resolutions sound great, I need to blow less $$ on clothes too, need to start reusing and recycling haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have new year resolutions (just wishes), but I wish you all the best for yours! Sabine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaahhh!!! let's lose weight together!!! :D :D

    and omg, your new oxfords!!! aaaah!!!! such cuteness!!!! :D and re: the chictopia vs. blog thing, that's one of the things im slowly getting scared of becoming that's why i've been trying to get into the habit of blogging and then posting in chictopia after, so that my blog is simultaneous with my chictopia! :D we can do it, jasmine! hahaha! :D co

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such a beautiful blog! i love all your pictures!! :) am a follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am definitely with you on your resolution #4 haha :) and your new shoes are adorable! i'm quite in love with them.
    oh, and i've always wanted to make salsa from scratch. i think that'll be one of my 2010 goals. happy new year jasmine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This photos are so so so pretty & so are you! Your blog is really nice, it's inspiring since I just started my own :). P.S. Added you to my blog links!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loveeee your new shoe! :) They are so cute cute cute!

    Good Luck with all your resolutions! ;)

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the photographs ... beautiful!!! and the new year resolution sounds great and healthy :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing resolutions, dear! Even though I'm not going through the process on #1, I went through it and I'm here to talk any day, any time! I'm super proud of you. You're an amazing amazing person. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey,lets do the losing weight together!:D:D it's at #5 on my new year's resolutions list!

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those shoes are awesome! I've been wanting a pair of saddle shoes too! I saw them at Payless but I'm too lazy to order from online. Good luck on all your resolutions, they sound great! I always feel like I make these crazy resolutions and I never fulfill them. Haha I like how you said you were going to spend less money on clothes, yet your next post is a major shopping haul (technically, I guess gift cards aren't really spending)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to add how awesome your sky pictures are! They'd be great for a desktop background or a postcard :)

    ReplyDelete