Saturday, January 02, 2010

Halo of Ember

Photobucket

Hello!
I am actually excited to resume school on Monday, but only because of all the new clothes I got yesterday and through out this break! I used up all $70 of my gift cards to Forever 21 over the past two days, and it feels wonderful! I still can't believe I got $50 worth of clothes for free...I (sorta) feel bad for the girl who lost the gift card; but I definitely put it good use! I finally got some red things and a lace tank! I can't believe I managed to get three more striped things this break...Stripes are so addicting. So, I think I'll be set for the next quarter with all my new clothes. I have to be. Robert is banning me from shopping for the next ten weeks...Bleh.

Photobucket
(My Haul this winter break: Red Striped Top, Navy Striped Top, Leaf Necklace, Light Blue Long Sleeve and Lace Tank -- Forever 21; Blue Thinned Striped Top -- Rodarte x Target; Floral V-Neck -- Urban Outfitters; Clock Locket -- American Eagle. Not Pictured: Red sequined headband -- Kaitlyn; Basic T-Shirts -- Forever 21; Black and White Oxfords -- Urban Outfitters)
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
(Wearing: Red Sequined Bow Headband -- Kaitlyn; Striped Top -- Forever 21; Chambray Button Skirt -- Urban Outfitters; Leaf Necklace -- Forever 21; Clock Locket -- American Eagle; Black and White Oxfords -- Urban Outfitters)
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

This is what I'm wearing before I have to change into my yucky work uniform in a few hours. I'm still obsessed with this red headband! Sorry if you guys are sick of it already...It just spices up every outfit! And it was a bit of a splurge for me--$10--so I feel I should wear it as much as I can! So anyway, this is one of my new tops! I love how it has buttons on the shoulders--it makes it more unique and not just another striped top in my closet. It's super comfortable too! And I got this leaf necklace that same day too! I have a feeling this outfit is going to be my uniform for the next year...hehe!

Photobucket
(The salsa we made from scratch on New Years Eve! Delicious!)
Photobucket

Photobucket

I have work from 3-11 today, so I probably won't get to take pictures of the sunset or anything today. But here are some photos I took yesterday while I was waiting for Robert to get out of lab.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket
"If it is born in flames then we should let it burn
Burn as brightly as we can
And if it's gotta end then let it end in flames
If it's gotta end let it burn
It ends where it began, so hot with love, it burns our hands"
Currents -- Dashboard Confessionals


It's amazing how quickly the sky can change.

Well I'm off to make some lunch (a healthy one!) and then get on the bus to get to work! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Until next post,
Jasmine

14 comments:

  1. Buying clothes with free money is always good! No guilt required!
    I'm excited to see how you wear the lace top you got.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh so jealous of your forever 21 loot! i can't wait to see how you wear that lace top, it's so gorgeous!
    and the buttons on the shoulder of the striped top you're wearing are adorable.
    oh and can i just say , the trees in the last two pictures are crazy. i love them :D
    hope you're having fun at work, or as much fun as you can possibly have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all, yay for hauls!!! :D and yes, i can totally relate to the shopping ban imposed on us by the bfs! :S

    i love your outfit here!!! the colors and pieces are so well put together!! im still waiting for my oxfords in the mail! your look totally adorable! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so many pieces! Lucky you! Im glad you find items you like! :) Im looking forward to see all your wonderful new outfit post! Im loving the today one (and certainly not sick of the red hair accessories!)

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos, amazing outfit.. as always! I really love that top on you! Lucky to have found gift cards! Brett always seems to find money on the ground and feels so guilty spending it but it's such a nice treat! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cute saddle shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You take beautiful photos. The salsa looks agggh delish. x)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute necklaces and what great photos :)

    Happy New Year to you!

    xoxo,
    Coco
    http://closetfullofnothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are the queen of stripes! But, I'm also excited by the floral and lace tops you have in your pile. And the salsa! And the pretty necklaces! I never think to buy necklaces from anywhere but thrift stores/vintage stores but I'm loving your necklaces so much I might have to break my rule (which isn't even a rule.) Happy New Year's lady! Enjoy all of your back to school outfits.
    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  10. HEY THERE. SHARE YOUR CLOTHES WITH ME :(! Kidding love :) You look super duper duper adorable, and I can't get enough of the button details. Oh, and those necklaces? Care to share? <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. you got great stuff for your giftcards :)
    love all your photos!


    bisous
    annabu

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for a major shopping haul! Those striped shirts look awesome, you absolutely cannot have too many! Especially in different colors, shapes, etc. Your striped shirt with the buttons is very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It will be great to watch Dashboard Confessional, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Dashboard_Confessional-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete