Monday, January 18, 2010

Hammers and Strings

Photobucket

After a day like today, I wish everyday was a day off. Despite all the work I have to do tomorrow (which is a lot...), I don't regret slacking off today at all, at least not right now. It's unbelievable that just two days ago, the sky was beautifully clear when while at work yesterday I saw the sky change from that same blue to gray. It was pouring today for hours! I was actually really surprised when the sun came out. It's supposed to rain all week...bleh!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Robert and I were supposed to have a nice getaway at his house in Chino Hills, but his brother was there today. Robert has a midterm on Wednesday so we tried to spend the day holed-up in a bookstore. Emphasis on the try: I ended up reading most of a wedding photography book, while he finished up his homework and then read magazines. The ceiling above where we were sitting was even leaking. So we took that as a sign to leave, and just half an hour before we left, the sun peaked through the clouds. I didn't find a rainbow today though... :(

Photobucket

Photobucket

I swear California's sky can't go a day without showings its blue hues.

Photobucket

Photobucket
(wearing: trench coat -- forever 21; tights -- target; oxfords -- urban outfitters)
Photobucket

I got my hair cut yesterday, and it's way too short. Thank goodness my hair grows super fast. Just watch in two weeks, it'll be back to its old length. I don't know why I do this...looking at my previous post--my hair was at a good length. I always want to chop it when it's just short of that awkward stage of being not-short/not-long. I was also wearing a Burberry scarf (that I found on the street three years ago!!) today, and felt sort of British with that and my trench coat so I couldn't help but wear my oxfords today! I'll be in this coat for the whole week if it rains for that long...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Robert and I ended up going to the mall, where he bought me a red cardigan! Finally! I've been searching for a red cardigan for so long, and today we found a nice one from Zara on sale for $15! My cardigan collection is slowly coming together nicely! I don't think I'll ever be satisfied since they're all I really need in this weather. We also watched The Lovely Bones, which I thought was pretty good but Robert hated it.

Photobucket
(I thought this window display was gorgeous! There are LV bags inside those cages.)
Photobucket

I came home to find a package for me, and it was the bag Robert ordered for me for our anniversary (a week from tomorrow!)! It's so pretty, and big! Perfect timing because I was afraid that I'd have to use my Jansport backpack this week so that I don't get rain on my laptop since my black chain bag doesn't zip, but now I can still be chic hehe! Yay! Better pictures of it soon!

*Also, thank you for the emails of sky photos! I'm going to continue to take them until Friday, all the while I'll be trying to take pictures everyday too! This is so exciting!

I hope everyone had a lovely three-day weekend. It's time to get back to school/work. Bleh!

Until next post,
Jasmine

17 comments:

  1. I luv ur pics hun, they are always so beautiful and I luv ur hair outfit! Hope u have a stunning day and im glad you like ur award : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. another great post!!! lotsa comment from me.

    1st, i love the trench coat with the oxford! my favorite pairing as of yet from your outfits! :D

    2nd, if you're getting rain the whole week, we're getting snow here.. aaahh.. it's winter here all over again!

    3rd, can't wait to see the cardigan you got!! :D

    4th, i think your hair is fine right now.. it's not too short, i think.. :)

    hope you have a good week ahead, dear! :D *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your hair, but understand that feeling that its way too short after a cut. And let me just say that the oxfords are just adorable. I've been looking for a pair like that and the perfect red cardigan for ages. I started to count up my favorite pics from this post, but I really just love so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great shoes! it's supposed to be all rainy here today in nyc :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are so beautiful!
    I'm sure you noticed, since you're good at what you do but the first photo...the red and blue of the ground mimics the lettering on the car which mimic the colors of the leaves in picture 4.

    I can't wait to see the collage of the sky. I hope it clears up some for you to be able to enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoaa..the bag has finally arrived! i love big bags :) and the color is really eye-catching too! great pick, jasmine:) and i love those two-tone oxfords. love it when oxfords are paired with opaque tights :) i agree with sybil, you're getting rain there, we're getting blizzard! hahaha..

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! The rain looks so much prettier there than here in Ut! lol!

    I like your hair!! I think it looks great short.

    And I totally slacked off yesterday too...lol ;)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are so sad, but great! You're really talented!
    Love your blog! Its gorgeous!
    Panda xx
    *follows you*

    ReplyDelete
  9. great photos!! the rain has been really annoying lately and yet you manage to make me appriciate it :) thanks for that hehehe!!

    oh i love the cut & your outfit!! and the red bag is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your jacket! And yes, the rain is making me feel gloomy! But right now the sun is shining through. But not for long!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are the picture with your new haircut? I actually really like the lenght! It doesn't look that short!

    What a great present! You are a lucky lady! I don't even think Django know the date of our anniversary hi hi hi! ;)

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  12. i think your hair looks absolutely adorable! and i hate when i my hair gets to the in between stage too. that's why i'm scared to cut my hair really short, because eventually it'll grown out into the medium stage before hitting long again haha :P

    you look adorable in the rain (love the photoshoot location, it's a change with all the cars!
    and YAY for your new red bag, i can't wait to see how you wear it (and especially that red cardigan - you can never have too many)
    i will get you my sky photo before it's too late! i swear! haha :)
    btw, the shot of the rain drops on the orange flower is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, such amazing photos. You're quite the talented behind the camera, as much as you are adorable in front.

    Also, I am in love with those oxfords.

    Doesn't the rain absolutely suck right now in California??? I swear, we're so spoiled but seriously...it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha it's raining all throughout CA! Your haircut is cute, and I can't wait to see your new cardigan! Ooooh I wanted to see Lovely Bones, but I think I might want to read it first!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are a genius with the photography my dear! That first photo just blew me away and then i saw the water drops and those were equally magnificent! You have such a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love the rain photos!! I have it here in Cali too! cute outfit

    ReplyDelete
  17. lovely pictures once again! i'm so sick of the rain!!!! how is it there in OC? same pounding rain? great red bag! :)

    ReplyDelete