Friday, January 08, 2010

Morning Light

Photobucket
(Pomegranate Tree!)
Photobucket

Hello!
First week of school down, nine more weeks, ten if you include finals week, to go! I don't have classes on Fridays, but I do intern in the mornings. Today was so lovely that I stayed two extra hours just to be with the kids a little longer! At one point today I was on the floor with three kids on my lap asking me questions about my love life, haha. They saw my rings and thought I was married. Seriously if my photography career doesn't take off...I think I just might start a daycare center! I love kids!

There is this one kid I'm especially attached to. His name is Teo and is so cute! Maybe I'll take pictures one day. Today he told me he never wanted to grow up, and I asked him if he wanted to be like Peter Pan. And I was soooo shocked to find that he's never heard of Peter Pan--a classic story and Disney movie! I feel so old :( Generation gap for sure!

Photobucket Photobucket
(wearing: striped grey top and blue hair bow--h&m; blue tights and gold leaf necklace--forever 21; oxfords--urban outfitters; clock locket necklace--american eagle)
Photobucket Photobucket

On days when I have my internship, I don't dress up all much. This is what I've been wearing the past week when I'm there: t-shirt, cute accessory, shorts, and tights. It's comfortable to run around with the kids in, and I won't be too distressed if they spill on me or something. Yet it's still decent for when I have class afterward. Actually...how is this different from any other day? Hehe. I guess the outfits are even more simple, if that's possible, and with older shirts.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since I don't have class today, I decided to bring my camera to school with me today and took some shots while Robert was in class. The weather has been so lovely here--not too cold or too hot. Perfect 70-degrees! After he got out from class, we picked up my paycheck, deposited it, grabbed a late lunch and dropped by Target. I left with three pair of tights! Though two are in a pack of just solid black tights (I find it super odd that Forever 21 no longer carries...normal colored tights, and H&M always runs out), and one printed black pair! I thought I'd give the printed tights trend a go. I tried it on and I love it! Will wear and post next week for sure!

Photobucket

"Don't go away
Say you'll stay until the morning light.
And don't fade away into gray
standing in the light.
I lie awake at night and never sleep to watch you breathing
I tried to smile and laugh as you turned away but I was bleeding
Everything I feel
I make believe is real"
"Morning Light" -- Graham Colton Band


Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Once I got home I decided to play around with my new lens. I'm still ambivalent towards it. I hate, yet love that I don't have a range of zoom. Hate because I have to move back to incorporate many things; love because it takes out the indecisive factor and really limits what you goes into each shot. And yet...I didn't need to much editing for these photos. I think I just really need to test it out with a clear, beautiful landscape like a meadow or the beach.

Ah! Such a loooooong post for doing practically nothing today...I hope this makes up for the lack of posts and pictures this week though! I hope you all have a lovely weekend. As you probably know by now, I have work pretty much every weekend so have fun for me okay?

Until next post,
Jasmine

Photobucket Photobucket

PS. Which color?!?!?! While I do adore my chain black bag, it's not quite big enough for all my school things, and it doesn't zip. I love that this one has a cross-body strap, is big, and has lots of pockets, but I cannot choose which color! I've always wanted a red bag, but the blue one is just so lovely too...Help?? Robert says I'm not allowed to buy it though...but we'll see >:]

I've actually have had dreams all week about purses...Particularly chain bags! I see such cute ones around campus...even though I already have one, I want more, until I can get a real Chanel of course.

Oh and I was named Employee of the Month for December 2009! How exciting!

14 comments:

  1. i would get the right bluish one! it is so cute!!! the color on the red is like too bright fire truck red. the blue one is muted and a really really cute color! get that one, ok? you must!!! :P my bf is always saying, "you're not allowed to buy that" to me too! of course i end up buying it and tell him later! hehe congrats on your employee of the month!!!! yay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the blue but that's because it reminds me of Spring!
    From what I've been following of your blog, I would pick red for you.
    It should be easy enough to get the bag and then ask for Robert's forgiveness, later. :)

    Congrats on the Employee of the Month!

    And of course, your photos are breathtaking! I especially like the one of the sky. At first I thought it was black and white but then I saw a bit of color (sky) peeking out. Stunning. Nature is the best to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaahhh.. so many comments!!!

    first off, your kids are the cutest!! i think you're suited for a job with them!! really! :D they adore you! teehee!!

    and i envy your weather!! i wish it was like that here too and i'd be totally wearing outfits like yours everyday!

    congrats on being employee of the month!! good job. i think you deserve a new purse! hahaha! just try and settle a word with your bf and im sure he'll just let you buy it! hahaha.. im doing something like that with the boy. (he got new shoes today and i totally want to get another pair too! hahaha! will talk about it in my next blog post!)..

    anyway.. im glad you're doing great, dear! :D have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you always look so lovely in blue! i would definitely get the light blue bag, but for some reason i see you more with the red version, probably because of your red bow headband. i'm sure robert won't mind.......if you tell him after you get it. haha :)

    aren't having classless fridays beautiful? i won't have any this semester either! and i'm glad to hear your internship is going so well, teo sounds like a sweetheart (and make him watch peter pan!)

    i can't wait to see your printed black tights!! and congrats on employee of the month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I myself would get the red bag, teehee another reason why we should move closer together, and I can see you getting that bag ;) Buy it... and pretend that I BOUGHT IT?! Whoaaa rebellious! I'm so proud of you getting Employee of the Month! HOORAH FOR JAZZY! HIP HIP HOORAAYYYY! I LOVE THOSE OXFORDS SO MUCH. How much did they cost you?! I saw a bunch today, but they didn't have them in my size, I'm considering just stuffing in a crap load of insoles to get them to fit :D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love this. you are so gifted with your photography..so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely photos!

    xoxo
    mycherrygum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore your blog! I just discovered it not too long ago. Beautiful pics, and I love your sense of style. And I love the necklace in this post :) So cute!

    -J
    http://matchamagnolia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blueish bag! Great photos as always too. Good luck in school! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha I can relate to Teo; I never want to grow up either, though it's a little late now. Ahhh that's so weird that he's never heard of Peter Pan! Can't believe we're a completely different generation from these kids! Yay I can't wait to see your new tights! Those bags are lovely, I like both colors...but for me, I'd probably go with red because it matches more of my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I'm still thinking your shoe are too adorable! :)

    Looking forward to see your pattern tights! Oh and for the bag, hard decision! I think I would go for the blue... but yeah... the red is quite something!

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the color of the blue bag! it would look great on you! Now I want to go bag shopping! Anyway, love the photos and the outfit! you look great!

    freshbrownies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete