Saturday, January 09, 2010

Remember to Breathe

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello!
It was so unbelievably hard to find a dandelion! I took these shots because I was an hour early to work. I had forgotten how fragile dandelions are...must try these shots again, but with a sunset!

Work was...weird haha. I've been working Saturday and Sunday mornings for the past year or so with the same core group, so this morning when I saw that both managers were different, it was a bit unsettling. It's just not a Saturday morning without the same people. It's sad, but true. I love my coworkers, most of them anyway. Despite the change, it wasn't too bad actually!

Photobucket
(wearing: blue top -- forever 21; black printed tights -- target; pink hair bow -- h&m)

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

After work, Robert picked me up for a night out since we've been feeling a bit distant/alienated from each other after a week of school. This is what I wore--an easy, casual outfit after a six-hour shift. These are my new tights! Robert thinks they're whore-ish, but...I like them! They subtly give some interest to a simple outfit like this one. Anyway, it was such a wonderful night, definitely the right pick-me-up! The sky was so, so, so gorgeous! I was getting crazy road rage when people were being stupid in the parking structure. They were delaying my shots by waiting for cars to get out, when there were so many spots available in the next level up. Ugh! The sky really was like this: pink and blue. Ah!

Photobucket

Photobucket
(Difference in colors due to differing camera settings; I barely touched the saturation if at all. Not quite sure which I like better...)
Photobucket

Photobucket

He took me shopping so that I could find the purse that I mentioned in my previous post, but we couldn't find it! I was hoping to see the colors in person so I could make a better decision, but now I'm back into the same agonizing indecisiveness that haunts a lot of my decisions. And most of your comments are as conflicted as I am: I would say half of you like red, and the other half like the blue...so I really don't know still. I want to get them both! I feel like I should get the red one and wait a while since it'll be less popular than the blue, but what if I want to get the blue one instead?! Oy...

Photobucket

We also watched Leap Year. I'm a bit ambivalent towards it...it was a bit drab for my taste; however, the cinematography and art direction were so brilliant and breathtaking it didn't matter that the story dragged on too long or that it was a bit monotone--it was a beautiful movie! I definitely need to go to England's country to take some shots there. I also adored Amy Adam's outfits in the movie!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now don't think I walked away tonight empty-handed because I didn't! So much for not shopping...hehe. It's good that I didn't really find actual clothing appealing. I was so much more concerned with accessories! I left with two adorable necklaces from Forever 21.

Photobucket

I have some more good news for you today--I got my first wedding gig!!! My friend set me up for his cousin's wedding, which is two weeks from now! I won't be paid of course since it's my first, but still...it's so exciting! And if this goes well, the same friend has another one set up in two months! I'm so anxious/nervous/excited/shocked! Eek!!!

Photobucket

Until next post,
Jasmine

18 comments:

  1. so i love your comfy outfit and how it sort of exposes that one shoulder :) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your patterned tights!!! why do guys always think patterned tights are whore-ish? i have a pair of tights that have vertical stripes and my guy friends always tell me i look like i'm ready to walk out on the streets and make some money haha.
    oh, and if you go to england's countryside to take pictures, uh...please take me with you?
    and i can't wait to see your next dandelion shot with the sunset! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the wedding gig!! wasn't that in your goals for this year?! awesome news indeed!

    i love your necklaces so much!!! aaaahh!!! i bet you if we had f21 here, i'd never leave that store empty handed everytime i visit it! hahaha!

    the tights are wonderful! and no, they are so not whore-ish.. geez.. boys.. hahahaha!

    oh oh.. and i love taking pictures of dandelions during summer here! i like to catch their 'pollens' or seeds or whatever you call those fuzzy things. after catching, i wish for something and blow them away! hahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOUR PHOTOS. I LOVE YOUR JEWELERY. I LOVE YOU.. in the least creeper way possible <3 :) Congrats with your wedding gig! You did it girl!!! Oh, and I love those tights, clearly you need to talk to Target for me... bribe them to move to Canada... ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh congratulations on your wedding gig! Sounds super exciting! Looks like your New Year's resolutions are slowly coming true! I think those tights are lovely, not whore-ish at all! They remind me of fish scales or something. Those sky pictures are so beautiful! It's like cotton candy clouds in the sky :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are adorable! i love all of these. i love your new necklace:) congratulations about your wedding gig. you and your boy look so cute together! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your wedding gig! Im sure you will do a incredible job as per your photo are alway so beautiful! Love the dandelions and pink sky pictures! So pretty!


    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picturess!!
    And I love your tights!
    X, fashionnerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are so breath-taking! I loove pink skies at magic hour :) congrats on your first wedding gig! how exciting!


    xoxo,
    Coco
    http://closetfullofnothing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit, i love the pictures - absolutely amazing!! - and i love your jewelry.
    You are so beautiful.
    Love your blog.

    Have a great day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, i love the feet shots! you're all covered up and your bf managed to just wear a pair of flip flops! adorable :) and YAY for choosing MAC over PC!! CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST GIG!!! do share the pictures with us on your blog :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute blog and i love the photos too :) happy new year to you !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing sunset!

    Cute blouse!


    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. amazing pictures as usual!!!! i love the pink sky!!! so pretty! love the ribbon accessory as well!!! good luck on your first gig!!! i know you'll be great! can you upload the pictures after?? i would LOVE to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the tights too, I definetely wouldnt call them whore-ish. I'm so jealous of all the beautiful sunsets you get, I rarely see a sunset here, and when I do there nothing fancy. and I love the key necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are gorgeous pictures!!! And I think your outfit is so cute! I love the oversized shirt with the cute little shorts! I'm so glad you had a great night. You guys are so cute together :)


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those photos are just amazing..!! The sky was so beautiful! I love when the sky is just an amazing color like that, ugh. It makes you feel so alive! Great necklaces, great style, great you!

    ReplyDelete