Sunday, January 24, 2010

Jump then Fall

Photobucket

Hello!
The skies have finally cleared up, and I have survived my first wedding gig! Yesterday seems like such a blur when I thought about it when I woke up in my own bed, alone, with a mess of camera equipment beside my bed. It was such a long, exciting day. Robert and I woke up at 6:30, showered, packed, and headed over to the bride's house at 8, where we snapped away as she and her parents got ready for her big day. I was so nervous during my first couple of shots, but as the day wore on, I got the hang of things. She was stunning! The groom is such a lucky man.

Their wedding was very a traditional Chinese wedding with two tea ceremonies, and a whole-day extravaganza. My friend let me and Robert borrow his DSLR and some lenses. I'll be sad to give all these back this week. I really need to stop spending money on clothes and saving on camera equipment, because as much as I'd like to believe that I make the shot, it is a balance between equipment and photographer.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The photographer they hired was so obnoxious and bossy. He was getting on my nerves. I really, really hope I don't end up being like that. After the "real" photo-shoot at a Mission, the couple was nice enough to let me do my own photos. I really did have so many creative ideas, but they seemed so tired, I only did a few. I was so nervous, but I absolutely cannot wait until I'm the main photographer and can execute all of my own ideas. I secretly hope my photos came out better than that obnoxious idiot..hehe! This might actually be soon! The same friend who hooked me up with this wedding might be able to hook me up with another wedding, where I will be the sole photographer. Ah!!

Photobucket

I have about 800 photos to go through and edit, so I'll post some now and do a proper post some other day. There are so many photos that I'm really ambivalent as to whether I did a good job or not. I don't even really know where to begin! I think I need to upgrade my Photoshop first. I'm probably just going to let the photos sit for a couple days so that when I look at them again and edit, I'll have a refreshed perspective.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
(wearing: blue dress and red bag -- urban outfitters; white headband and bow necklace -- forever 21; black tights -- target)

I didn't get too many shots of my outfit yesterday, so as you can see I took these outfit photos in my backyard. I am so disgustingly pale (I miss my tan!!!!) so I wore a cardigan for all of yesterday, but I wanted to show you the dress! I love it! I cannot wait to get better shots of it when Robert and I celebrate our anniversary/his 21st birthday/valentine's day. I cannot believe our three-year anniversary will be on Tuesday.

Photobucket

After this first experience and actually loving it, it's even harder to focus on all the schoolwork I have to do this week. I'm so, so, so behind on everything. The quarter is almost half-way over and I have done none of the readings and haven't really listened (or even really gone) to lectures. It's time get my head out of the clouds and back to reality because the reality is that I haven't graduated yet and need to do well in school.

But first...I must catch up on all your blogs! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Thank you to those who submitted photos. I shall get on that collage as soon as I can!

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. Thank you to Sybil and Kristy for giving me awards! You both know how much I adore you!

14 comments:

  1. AMAZING PHOTOS. So, remind me when I get married to hire you as my sole photographer <3 :) You look super duper adorable, I HATE BOSSY PEOPLE, although I probably am bossy myself. Whooops hypocritical moment right there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahhh.. you are too adorable for words!!!! first off, that outfit is one of my faves from you!! you should definitely wear dresses more often!! you look so good in them!! :D

    second, the wedding pics turned out great! i can't wait to see the rest that you have!!! gorgeous backgrounds and lighting!!! wonderful couple! i love weddings because of videos and pictures! hahah! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so in love with your outfit! the dress fits you like a dream and it's perfect with that ribbon necklace and that headband! you should wear that headband more often.
    and yay for your first photoshoot with that red bag! it's amazing!!! :)
    these are such great wedding shots and they're quite the lovely couple. i can't wait to see more after you've done some editing and sorting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, the ones here are amazing and I bet all of the others are amazing too! You have such a skill, dear! I know how hard it is to concentrate on school right now, I'm totally feeling your pain! ps; Love your necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures! You've got quite the eye missy!

    And I love ANYTHING with bows on it so of course I want that bow necklace that you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely photos!!!! i'm so excited to see the rest of them!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. These pictures are amazing! I'm so excited for you! I hope you get that next gig where you're in charge of everything! It's hard sharing a gig when you have such a different creative perspective from the person you're working with...especially when you know you're so much better :) Your dress is so pretty, the color is lovely! And that last picture with the glasses is lovely! Good luck on the rest of the semester, I know you can do it! You just need to get back into the swing of things, especially since you just had a very exciting weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so exciting!!!! I took pictures for my SIL's wedding too and I LOVED it. It was so much fun! We didn't have a nice camera though so I can only imagine what it would be like with a DSLR!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for the preview shots! cant wait to see more :D and you know how much i adore this outfit. the color palette is adorable and the dress is really flattering on you :) congrats on surviving your first wedding gig! im sure there'll be more to come :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i think you did an amazing job!! the photos all look great!! i hope the next wedding gig goes through, so we can see more of your work heehee!! and i love weddings!! cute outfit!! i love the colors & your necklace is soo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are absolutely beautiful! I never got proper wedding photos taken when I got married, so these make me sigh a little. I wish you would have been around during my wedding! What a beautiful place to get portraits done, too!

    And I love the dress! Such a cheerful color. It suits you really well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well I think the photos look great and if my wedding photos look like that I would be very pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the champagne glasses are so cute =)

    ReplyDelete