Thursday, December 24, 2009

Walking Through a Dream

Photobucket

Hello!
Here in Southern California, it doesn't snow and is sunny all-year long. This morning on my walk to the bus stop, I saw workers blowing and collecting the fallen leaves from our community's park. To me, that means winter is here: bare trees--skeletons of the gorgeous leaves that used to clothe them. And yet, it doesn't really feel like Christmas. My family was never big on holidays: there isn't a tree with presents underneath it, or lights twinkling on our roof. It's just like any other weekend--just a wee bit longer, which is why I don't mind that I have work from today until Sunday. Even so, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! I can't wait to have my own family and actually have real holidays...

Photobucket
(Breath taking, no? Look! You can see the ocean!)
Photobucket

Those first couple of shots were taken when Robert took me out last night. We shopped for a bit. I looked at some camera lenses, but they were either out of my price range or just wasn't what I was looking for. I did order a 50mm wide lens on eBay though, so I'm really excited to get it and use it! We also watched Avatar last night, and it is such a beautiful movie. The art and special effects were just mind-blowing, but the actors and lines were super cheesy at some points...but it's an action movie, what do you expect? It also dragged on for a bit long (2.5 hours), especially the beginning, but it's definitely a must-see this holiday! The theme song to it (I See You -- Leona Lewis) is playing on my iTunes right now actually!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Despite my exhaustion after a six-hour shift, the sunset was just too gorgeous not to be photographed. The lame "Merry Christmas" photos were taken with my Macbook (it's tough writing backwards!).

I just watched Love Actually for the very first time, and I loved it! Though it's not the best of romance movies as people have said, my favorite love story of all time always teeters between The Notebook or A Walk to Remember; still, Love Actually was such a wonderful Christmas movie! I think I'm going to webcam with Robert (you'll meet him soon!) for a while, and then off to bed I go.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Until next post,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. aahh!! you're so cute in that webcam pic! :D happy holidays, dear! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! I hope that one day you can celebrate in style. That's how it should be...with trees and lights and lovely wrapped gifts.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're adorable! the picture of the lighted palm tree and the ocean is absolutely breathtaking. southern cali is gorgeous (and has the best sunsets) :)
    hope you're enjoying your christmas even without the tree or twinkling lights. you've got those who matter with you so it's all good. and ahh, movies inspired by nicholas sparks are always tear-jerking.
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might not be a white Christmas, but these photos are still very beautiful and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas! Oh I've been wanting to see Love Actually! Not sure if I'll see Avatar, probably because I'm not sure what the film is about. I like that picture with the carousel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your Xmas was lovely!


    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such beautiful pictures! I hope you had a great Christmas!


    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete