Thursday, December 17, 2009

Speechless

Photobucket

Hello!
Wow! I have 10 followers! I'm so happy because it means I'm doing a decent job at this. I'm actually quite proud of this blog, and your sweet and encouraging comments motivate me to take pictures everyday. Before I was pretty reluctant to lug around my DSLR, but now it's just a habit to grab it with me along with my bag. And I don't think I would've even thought about pursuing photography as a career if it weren't for this blog or for you guys! So thank you!

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
(Wearing: Striped top -- American Eagle; Chambray Button Skirt -- Urban Outfitters; Pink bow -- H&M)

Today was a pretty lazy day. Robert and I went to his place in Chino and watched movies, hence the lack of photos. The photos I did take were in the car as we were driving into this gorgeous sunset. We did a little bit of shopping, but I didn't get much: just a necklace for myself and one for my friend (gotta start on my Christmas shopping!). I'll probably wear it tomorrow. Another fruitless shopping trip...And our trip to L.A. has been postponed for a week since he needs to help his mom do some things next week, so bear with my blah-outfits for just a while longer...

Photobucket

Photobucket

"Cause you leave me speechless
When you talk to me
You leave me breathless
The way you look at me
You manage to disarm me
My soul is shining through
Can't help but surrender
My everything to you"
Speechless -- The Veronicas


Photobucket

Photobucket

I want to get better at Black-and-white photos. Color is easy and could distract from a less-than-perfect photo; but I feel black-and-white photos are more classic, and they have to be so good that the picture doesn't need color to shine.

Until next post,
Jasmine

Inspiration for me, and for you:

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

(source: lookbook)

7 comments:

  1. Black and white is hard to master. I think that's why I don't use that setting much. But it doesn't hurt to fool around with it so I should. So thank you for the encouragement!

    P.S. I think you knew all along that you were interested in photography...you just didn't have the support you needed to make that decision. That being said, it's hard to get into the market with. You should buy Photographer's Market (pricey but worth it) and send in your submissions where you excel and where they are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how your skirt buttons up the front, looks great on you :) can't wait to see your new necklace.

    and i love the sunset photographs here, both the color and the black and white version. absolutely stunning. and having taken a black and white photograph course this past semester, i do have to agree, it's a lot more difficult because you only have shades of gray to work with rather than a rainbow of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely outfit, jasmine!i love how you always add the signature bow in every one of your outfits. Those lookbook photos are very inspirational and effortless. I wish I could dress up half as good as them. Happy weekend! :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your followers! Once you get a base, they start to flow in more steadily :-) And I love your beautiful photos - what a talented photographer you are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, black and white photography is so classic. Yay for more stripes! Congrats on having 10 followers! I'm sure you'll have more very soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the bow is totally adorable! so cute :)

    xoxo

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete