Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Beginnings

Hello!
My name is Jasmine. Some of you may know me personally, or from Chictopia, or from my Tumblr. I created this blog to integrate all my passions: Photography, writing, and fashion into one central place. I am a third year at University of California, Irvine, majoring in Psychology and Social Behavior, and minoring in Digital Arts.

Sigmund Freud once said,
"The mild narcosis induced in us by art can do no more than bring about a transient withdrawal from the pressure of vital needs, and it is not strong enough to make us forget real misery."

With the help of photography, writing, fashion, and music, I stay more or less sane in this unstable world. They become my temporary escape--my "transient withdrawal," but not my remedy to life.

Right now, I just want to leave all the pain and bitterness of my past behind, and finally just break free from it. This is me, now. This is a new beginning.

Join me on my journeys,
Jasmine

2 comments:

  1. jaaaaasssmmiiinneee!!! :D glad to see you have your own blog now! i'm definitely a follower! cant wait to read your posts! :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jasmine! you are amazing. I read so many of your blogposts. :)

    love you,
    apoo

    ReplyDelete