Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dancing Lights

Photobucket

a moment
by: Charles Bukowski

"I don't know if this is true to you but for me
sometimes it gets so bad
that anything else
say like
looking at a bird on an overhead
power line
seems as great as a Beethoven
symphony.
then you forget it and you're back
again."

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Today I was stuck in a rut with my outfit (which is why no outfit post today), and my photos. The majority of the pictures I took during the day were trashed, but I played around and figured out how to take non-blurry night photos and I am loving it! I love Christmas lights--they're just so...magical! I can't wait to take more because a lot of my community goes all out as you can see. Some even play Christmas music.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I returned a thing from UO and one from Forever 21, and hoped to use that money towards something new so I wouldn't be in a rut with my outfits anymore. But surprisingly, I didn't like anything in either stores, and Robert took me to two malls. I guess today just wasn't my day...I did buy a lovely smelling perfume from Victoria Secret though!

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. Robert and I are planning a trip to L.A to finally celebrate my birthday either this week or next week. I'm hoping to go thrifting for the first time, so if you know any places to go please let me know! Thanks in advance!

7 comments:

  1. I love the Christmas lights pictures you took! I have a terrible time taking night pictures, probably because my camera isn't fancy or anything. But your pictures are so pretty and magical!

    Aww, everyone goes through ruts, but I'm sure you'll find something to inspire you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How dare you leave so late at night?! And stand in the middle of the street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to drive around town and see all the houses decorated. We'll be doing that this weekend.

    P.S. I've shopped several malls too at times and find nothing worth buying! It's better to buy nothing than to buy something that you'll never wear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often feel this way when I shop! Hopefully next time will be better! :)

    Wow your photos are amazing! I really need to learn out how to take night picture! You really succeed at yours! Great job!

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  5. those christmas light pictures are absolutely gorgeous! :) i can't get enough of your photos. and a trip to l.a. for your birthday sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with those christmas decoration pic's !
    GORGEOUS

    ReplyDelete