Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Vanilla Twilight

Photobucket
(Hehe you can see me in the reflection!)

Hello!
I didn't do much today: just went to Target and watched "Brothers" with Robert. It wasn't as amazing as people said it was. It was pretty anti-climatic and I felt the ending dragged on a bit too long. The first half was pretty good though!

We also got new windows in our house today! They're so much easier to slide now and are so much more modern. I can't wait to pick out curtains for mine! Our house is really old; my family and I have been here for 15 years.

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket
(Wearing: Striped T-Shirt and Black Messenger Bag -- H&M; Wayfers -- Urban Outfitters; Blue Shorts -- Old Navy; Black Tights -- Forever 21; Black Flats -- Charlotte Russe)

I'm still in a rut with my outfits, so bear with me. I really hope the trip to L.A. we're taking early next week will bring me some inspiration and some goodies. I'm hoping to get some vintage accessories (rings, necklaces, and perhaps a bag) for me and for Christmas gifts. I'm going to try to resist shopping until then.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sun was mesmerizing this afternoon. The hour between 4:30 and 5:30 is my favorite of the day: right before and after sunset.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

"The stars lean down to kiss you,
And I lie awake I miss you.
Pour me a heavy dose of atmosphere.
'Cause I'll doze off safe and soundly,
But I'll miss your arms around me.
I'd send a postcard to you dear,
'Cause I wish you were here."
Vanilla Twilight -- Owl City


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, and I'm really looking into/thinking about going to Art school for digital photography after I graduate. Thank you for all your sweet comments regarding my uncertainty of my future.

Until next post,
Jasmine

7 comments:

  1. Yay for blog! I'm glad you started on and your blog looks awesome so far. Your photographs are amazing :)

    xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you in stripes! i need more striped shirts, but then again i don't need anymore clothes (i can't believe i just said that).
    art school for digital photography sounds awesome. you should definitely pursue that, you have talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the camera-from-the-ground shots. You should pick the same spot at the same time for a year just to show how the sun changes along with anything in the street.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks soo much for your comment on my blog hun, What a nice surprise! Luv the stripes! Hope u well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photographs are amazing again! It fun to heard that you are interested to pursuit it! ;)

    OH! I Love that stripe shirt with your jeans shirt today! I love the look!

    -Coco From Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore stripes! Hmm I wasn't sure whether to watch "Brothers" or not...that's the one with Natalie Portman, right? Yay glad to see you're following your dreams of photography (or taking a step in that direction...), because you're really amazing at it! I know I say this every time I comment on your blog, but your pictures are really pretty! And it's even better since they're pictures of Christmas lights and festivities! Have fun in LA! Sorry I don't know what's down in LA other than Disneyland...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of you being able to wear that without any jacket on!:( it's impossible to do in Toronto.Ah well,until next spring,right?hehe. You have an amazing photography skill. My favorite photo is the one with the dry leaves with the sunset (or sunrise?) backdrop. Ahhh...gorgeous :)


    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete