Friday, March 11, 2011

Come Around

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
outfit: top, bow pin -- h&m; skirt, headband -- f21; tights -- j crew; shoes -- marais usa

Hello!
A while ago, I bought a pack of 3 pins from H&M. One was a cameo pin that's waiting to be repaired because I stupidly forgot to take it off a cardigan on laundry day. The other ones were a key and this bow pin. Obviously the bow pin was what drew me to it in the first place. I planned on wearing it with peter pan collars but haven't gotten around to it yet. I decided to spice up my crop top by pinning it onto the pocket. I'm definitely going to start playing around with it more. It's such a cute touch, and it's another way for me to wear a bow. I really liked this outfit the day I wore it (on Monday), but now that I'm posting it, I don't really know if I like it or not. I'm beginning to think crop tops only work well with fuller skirts. I just really like the bow pin!

I'm sorry I've been away from the blogosphere lately. I've been too busy enjoying this gorgeous 70-degree weather here in Southern California--rolling my windows down and blasting some good music. I have to admit though--I really have quite enjoyed being away from all of this. And by all "this" I mean the materialism and subconscious competitiveness that inevitably comes with blogging after a while. I've been really trying to cut back on the shopping, well more like the buying. I really don't need every "cute" thing I see in the stores. I have more than enough right in my very own closet. I hope I can stay strong with this mindset now that spring break has begun. Robert has thankfully been stoic through all my puppy eyes by telling me I really don't need anything new.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Until next post,
Jasmine

6 comments:

  1. It's so awful when spring fever hits for us broke folks so I know exactly what you mean. I usually let an item linger in my mind for a week or more, and if I'm still crazy about it, then I might buy it.

    You look cute, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to not buy everythign cute that comes your way, I know. But after some time it feels so good to not be "addicted" anymore and to be able to save the money for other nice things. So I totally support you concerning this new attitude and say "Go Jazzy!" :)
    Your outfit is lovely as usual, I dig the darkblue/purple combo!
    And may I say it looks like you've lost some weight?! Anyway, you look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you girl for staying strong and sticking to what you believe, thats awesome. I really need to stop buying too! Ive enjoyed treating myself since being home in Canada because I never bought any new clothes in Aus! After a while it gets to be too much though..for sure.
    You look BEAUTIFUL. I love this outfit and I love crop tops. They are so cute for spring and summer - and it looks so good on you. I love the bow!! You are like the queen of bows and I love it. I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great attitude! I know during this time I get so weak.. with all those new spring collections-it's so hard. But keep up the great work! I think with your stylish ways you'll be able to whip up even more adorable outfits with what you have. =)

    I don't know what you're talking about; I really like this outfit! You have such a great collection of skirts. I want all of them. =)

    Have a beautiful day!

    -Erin (http://keepcalmandstyleon.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these tights and the small bow details always make me smile! The crop top looks great with this outfit.

    Samantha
    http://museuminternmusings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree with you! Don't really need every 'cute' thing you see in stores. I think a wardrobe with limited clothes is good too. At least it makes you think and you'll try to be more creative with your wardrobe. Remixing, coming up with surprising outfits.
    I think your crop top looks amazing with that skirt. Simple yet interesting with your striped skirt and accessories.
    You are one of my favorite bloggers! Supports! =)

    ReplyDelete