Saturday, August 20, 2011

Reader's Choice

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello!
While I was looking for possibilities for the next Dynamic Duo, I came across these dresses on ASOS. I've never bought anything from them before so I figured it's about time I find a new store since 98% of my clothes are from UO, F21, Gap, or H&M. Also, my search for a basic full black skirt seems to be futile; so when I buy one of these dresses, I'll be returning the top I got for H&M that I was planning to pair with said black skirt. Stupid of me to go back on my promise of only buying things that can be easily incorporated into the closet I already have.

Anyway, I've been debating between these two dresses for a few days now. I've asked one of my closest friends, Robert, and my brother. My brother and friend are for dress #2 (the one on the right); while Robert is for dress #1. There's also a third dress that keeps popping in and out of my consideration too. As you can see I'm really feeling the peter pan collar right now. My only reservation about these dresses is that they're sleeveless and even with all the weight I've lost, I'm still pretty self-conscious about my arms so I'll most likely be wearing a cardigan over them. Sleeved dresses are so hard to find. Why can't I just buy all three? Help me decide please? #firstworldproblems

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend so far!

Until next post,
Jasmine

14 comments:

  1. I would say definitely go with dress 3. But if that one goes out then dress 2 is my second option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dress 3 in blue is lovely! But if it's between the two, I like dress 2 more =]
    But all three are pretty great, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress on the left I like best. It doesn't have those funny side ruffles and the pattern on the dress on the right doesn't look very grown-up. Solid is better.
    But really, if you're concerned about the dress being sleeveless and are going to cover-up with a cardigan, I wouldn't get any of the dresses at all. You need to feel comfortable in what you buy and wear or else you won't end up wearing them at all. We all have clothing in our closets with tags still on them because of this reason.
    The color is a bold statement and so is the collar. Go with what you know you'll wear and feel comfortable in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dress one dress one! I don't think I've really seen you in a lot of coral and if you want something new to add to your closet, I think that would be a great choice! However, the third does scream "you" to me and I feel like it has a sailor-y vibe. It seems like the perfect summer/fall transition dress. Whatever you choose will be lovely, I'm sure, and you've given me some back to school shopping ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That shade of coral is wonderful in general, but I prefer the first dress. I like the third option as well, I may have to order it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agh! It's hard when it's two similiar dresses right?

    I like the third dress, but I don't think you should get it because I feel like I always see you in navy. It's time for some color girl!

    Dress 1 definitely the winner. Love everything about it.

    Dress 2 is brighter, but the ruffles on the side seem a bit much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do quite adore the third option (as it can be styled in many more different ways since it is more neutral than the others). Also, it is very reminiscent of you! I would order all 3 if possible, no dice though, my credit card still hasn't arrived! :(

    Hope you're having a lovely weekend xo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dressss twooooooo HAHAHAHA TRUST ME!!! the first one looks like a kids' halloween costume!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooh i'm loving this post- i haven't shopped at asos much, but after seeing all these pretty dresses i might have to snag one for myself! i vote dress one and three! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute dresses, I like them both. They were more popular in England than here in Cali, unfortunately I didn't snag one during my trip. UGH! SHOULD HAVE. They're so pretty, these peter pan collared dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi darling! Did you already choose? I vote for dress one because of it's simplicity (which seems like a betrayal of my usual choice of bells & whistles over simplicity but somehow I can better envision in the first dress!) PS, catching up on your blog today just reminded me that you are one of the coolest ladies I know. My heart is all aflutter at the thought of reuniting with you & Jen in NY! I have a total Madewell wishlist right now! I miss you so much and good luck with the start of school!

    big big hugs,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete