Wednesday, August 24, 2011

All Tied Up

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
top - f21 / skirt - aa / sandals - h&m / bag - mbmj

Hello!
I wore this last week for an afternoon in Newport Beach with Robert. The weather here in Southern California has been so gorgeous lately--well, more gorgeous than usual. I'm really surprised and really thankful that we haven't had too many super hot days. Classes for me began yesterday and my new job begins today. I'm taking a few classes at a community college. It's definitely going to take some getting used to not being able to sleep in and not being able to do things so spontaneously, but I'm ready to be busy again. The incoming paychecks won't be too bad either. I've been doing quite a bit of shopping lately--not too much buying! I am really happy with the items I have been buying though. I've been looking for more blouses and structured pieces like jackets, and dresses/skirts without an elastic band. I want to take my closet up a level from casual, and start to look more put-together. It took me so long to realize that all I really had in my closet were t-shirts--striped t-shirts to be exact; but I am putting myself through t-shirts anonymous and admitting I have a problem. And yes it is ironic because I am wearing yet another striped tee in this post, but I'm just letting you all know that my style is going through a growth spurt right now.

Until next post,
Jasmine

9 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I love the soft color palette on you and absolutely adore the sandals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this casual outfit Jasmine! I saw a girl on the tube today wearing a similar thing with the knotted tshirt and I said to myself, I'll have to try that. Great minds think alike eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute outfit!! love your skirt and sandals <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh I like how you tied up your tee like that! Haha I feel like my style is growing up a little as well; sometimes I want to dress kind of mature but there are days when I want to dress like rainbow, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look, it looks so comfy & chic! I like how you paired stripes with a mint color; looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh gosh, my style took an unprecedented growth spurt (no matter how much I resisted) when I started working and sometimes I miss just dressing all kooky and wild. But I suppose there is some benefit to looking put-together and "respectable". Haha. I can't wait to see what new outfits you come up with! I just hope you never let go of stripes my dear, because what is life when Jasmine stops wearing stripes?? @.x

    Lol idk. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lady of ladies! I'm trying to remember how to wear separates that don't consist of shorts + t shirt, or be the lazy person who just does dresses all the time, but honestly, my sense of style has gone down the tubes after so much moving and clothes EVERYWHERE. Yeesh. I just cleaned out like 8 bags worth of clothes and I just want to give them away to my friends but they are all far away :( Anyway, I love that you are going through a style transformation--I can really see it and I can't wait to SEE IT IN PERSON.

    love,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a cute look! I love the color of that skirt, and the tied up tee shirt looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the blue colors together!! It's so perfect. Gosh, I wish I could meet you in NYC. Maybe someday I'll make it there!

    ReplyDelete