Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lunch and a Movie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
top - thrifted / skirt - h&m / belt - f21 / tote, sandals - cotton on

Hello!
I wore this last week when Robert and I went to the movies to watch "Crazy, Stupid, Love," which was really, really, really good! I've rediscovered this skirt in my closet while I was unpacking and putting things back into my closet. I bought it way back in November, and now that I've lost 25 lbs since then, it fits so much better and is actually really comfortable. I wore this skirt for my interview with a chiffon top that I'm saving to debut during NYFW. It kind of sucks planning outfits/shopping for NYFW because I have to wait to wear that planned outfit/new item. It's already so hard to think of new outfits daily, but I know if I don't plan for NYFW way ahead of time, I'm going to end up trying to pack my entire closet into my carry-on. Sadly, all the things I bought for the last trip have only been worn once or twice since then. But about a year later, with my newly-learned, newly-formed shopping habits, I'm only buying things I know I can wear after that weekend, so I'm currently hunting for blouses. I figured I have (way) more than enough t-shirts in my closet that it's time to have some nice sophisticated blouses to shine. I can't believe this trip only a few weeks away! I've been looking forward to this since I got back from the last NYFW. Sorry if it keeps coming up in future posts. I just can't contain my excitement!

Until next post,
Jasmine

9 comments:

  1. awh, cute look! I'm just loving that bag os much :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah you are so adorable as always, and it's ok to be excited, I'll share it with you!!!!!!!! (see? so excited!) ha :)

    Also, I haven't seen the movie myself, but my sister said it was pretty good, and she's quite the critic of movies. I la-la-la-love this skirt on you, I'm quite sure that I had tried it on when it first came out last November, but it just looked awkward on me. I'll live vicariously through you <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I've been wanting to see that movie! I just saw Harry Potter today (I know, I'm so behind) and sobbed for two straight hours, so as long as Crazy Stupid Love is a comedy, I'd love to see it asap :)
    Anyway, this is such a cute, nautical outfit! And that owl tote is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cray stupid love was so good!! ryan gosling is so so handsome!! totally drool-worthy!

    lovely outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep sharing all your NYC shenanigans, because I personally am so, so excited for you (and all the other bloggers going)!

    And funny you should mention your weight loss in this post; I was totally thinking that when I saw the first photo! You are looking great Jazzy! <3 ahh now I gotta go see Crazy Stupid Love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The perfect 'movie date' outfit! You look so stunning Jasmine. Ah, you have been looking oh so pretty this summer! I love it. Hope you are having a good August. Miss you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a cute and comfy looking outfit! i love it! i'm glad to hear that crazy, stupid love was so good, i am really looking forward to seeing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww the bag1 I love owls so much! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm you didn't give enough details to convince me about "Crazy Stupid Love" but I am a known romantic comedy critic so I prob woulda been a waste of typing anyway hehe. Love your outfit though, that top is so pretty & classic, awesome thrifted find! Love your comfy, casual skirt combo & super cute, colorful sandals (that look very comfy as well).

    ReplyDelete