Friday, August 05, 2011

Brighter than the Sun

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
top - uo / shorts - f21 / sandals - cotton on

Hello!
Happy weekend! I ended up really liking this outfit. I wore it on Tuesday to grab a quick lunch with Robert. My family's house remodeling project is 98% done! It's a little bittersweet waking up to a "new" house when my brother and I have grown up in the same house, but change is good right? I'm so excited to finally start the fun part--decorating! I'm heading to the flea market on Sunday with some friends, hoping to find good, cheap things for my new room! I've been thinking about themes, and I think I've finally settled on a world-traveler/wanderlust theme; but it could all change depending on what I find at the flea market. I can't wait to show you all when I'm done! I'm still in the process of moving back into my own room. Most of my skirts are packed away in a box--not that I would've worn them anyway. I am loving shorts way too much nowadays.

I booked my flights to NYC in September! I'm so, so, so excited to see my blogger friends again! I have missed you all so very much! Now for the fun/stressful part of planning outfits for that long weekend. My mom gave me a $50 Visa gift card that I've been saving the entire summer just for this. I told myself I wouldn't spend it until I passed my exams/I booked my flights to NYC, and so here we are. I feel like I'm walking on sunshine with this trip looming ahead of me. I've been looking forward to this trip since I got back from the last trip.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Until next post,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! and it's great to hear that life's getting exciting. It's always nice when you have something to look forward to.
    This summer has been the summer for shorts for me as well. In the winter i was all about tights and dresses, now I just want a new collection of shorts! haha

    ps. You'll be sharing before and after pics of your house makeover I hope?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting:) I can't wait to see what you do to your room! I hope you share pics!!

    And I'm almost to the point where I can start doing a countdown to NYC. I'm saving money like crazy!! I want to have so much cash to go shopping with! haha!! Will you be going to any of the conferences? I will not:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a summery outfit! i really love the way you knotted the top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always fab to have something to look forward to !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am so jealous you are going to NYC!!! ;(
    you will have the best time EVER!!!!
    Jasmine, you are a beauty..i love the knotted top!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look adorable! Have fun in New York-I'm sure it will be a blast!

    Lindsey Soup

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shorts! This is such a cute summer look :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite summer looks from you, for sure! It's so fresh and relaxed - and still so sweet! I adore your shorts and that fantastic anchor tote I've been drooling over for weeks. (:

    Gosh, I really wish I could join you guys in NY some day! That would probably be the best experience of my life. I'm sure you'll have a blast! <3

    ReplyDelete