Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Live Like You're Dying

Photobucket

Hello!
My summer officially began when I turned in my paper yesterday morning! The weather really couldn't be any better there. I had the best first day of summer ever! Unfortunately, I can't share the photos with you just yet...You'll just have to wait a little longer, but I promise it'll be worth the wait!

Photobucket

Photobucket

So yesterday, I spent the day in LA with Robert. We went to Santa Monica Pier and then walked up to the Third Street Promenade where we shopped until we dropped. We found a new store called "Cotton On" that was having a massive sale! I scored so many things for $40: 2 skirts, 2 pairs of shoes, a top, and we even donated some money to their charity because we felt bad that everything was so cheap. We'll definitely be going back to that store! Since the sky cleared up, we went back to the pier and just enjoyed time together until we had to drive downtown to join our friends for all-you-can-eat korean bbq! So delicious! We definitely got our $10 worth!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is what I wore running errands before we went to LA yesterday, and what I'm wearing today. I bought this dress and these shoes on Friday with my bestie and wasn't sure whether I wanted to keep the dress or not. So I gave it a bit of a test-run with an outfit post and wearing it for about an hour yesterday. Well Robert loved it and it was super comfortable, so I'm keeping it--hence why I'm wearing it today. I'm really hoping these new goodies hold me over while I replenish my bank account because I am broke! I'll take better photos and style it up better another day...but I think polka dots and red were just made for each other, don't you?

Photobucket

I just watched The A-Team with Robert, and it was actually really good! Bradley Cooper is so dreamy! Once summer classes begin next week it's go-time for studying for my teacher credential exams; applying for jobs; and going to class. So this is my only week of summer in a long while...Gotta live it up!

Until next post,
Jasmine

PS. My goal this summer is to wear more dresses, because I realized that I have accumulated a lot over the years. Some have never even been worn...!

outfit: red cardigan -- zara; polka dot dress and floral flats -- f21; belt -- gap; pink bow -- h&m

21 comments:

  1. so cute! I really like the touch of pink on the belt. It's a really sweet look ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! The dress and shoes are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutee!!! I love your red cardigan :) I've been searching head to toe for one!! I love your cute dress too. Gah you're just too cute :):)

    I'm stoked for our swap!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for keeping the white version because it look amazing on you! and you're right, polka dots and red are pretty much soul mates. i love those shoes as well!
    i still have to make my way to the beach, i'm so frustrated! ahhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make pokka dots even cuter!! I love the way you paired the dress with the pretty floral shoes. Good luck with all the summer plans. You sound so busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look adorable from top to toe! loves those shoes!

    heyfancypants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! It sounds like you and Robert had such a great day. My boyfriend and I are going to a scummy punk show together on Thursday as our cute date! haha! I've never had Korean BBQ but I heard it is SO GOOD. Sooooo jealous of your cutie cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you totally should wear more dresses, dear!! they look lovely on you!!! they fit your style! :D i love this whole attire!! what a great way to spend your official day of summer! :D woot!! :D so glad you're keeping the dress coz it looks awesome on you! and those flats? adorable, jasmine! :D

    sybil
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jasmine I adore this outfit on you! That dress looks so fabulous, I'm glad you decided to keep it! The red cardigan is also so lovely with the dress, and I love your belt and shoes too! Oh what fun, I really want to go to Santa Monica Pier :) Haha I saw The A-Team too, it was pretty funny! That part where Murdock is spinning on the helicopter propeller and singing totally cracks me up every time I think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I love you in your signature stripes... but I must say the spots are so lovely and refreshing to see on you! You styled the dress wonderfully, Jazz. (: and wow, that's a lot of stuff for 40 bucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just have to say that I am in love with your dress. Where did you get it and how can I get one. I have been on the look out for a great white dress and am obsessed with polka dots, so this seems like the natural conclsion for me! I love how you styled it with the floral flats and striped belt. So unexpected yet dreamy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jasminnnnnnnnnnnnnne,
    We found each other.
    *Follow*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really, really love red on you! Such a bright and cheery color too. I love the Santa Monica Pier and Third Street is definitely dangerous for the wallet. :)

    Mandy

    mandydiec.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the polka dot dress and the shoes. I wonder if thats the same cotton on store that we have here in Australia. It's also really cheap, but I they don't really get new things in very often so I don't go there too much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pop of red. The red bow, red cardigan, the printed shoes (w/ red or is that orange?). Anyway, the polka dress is always classic as ever and your styling made a refreshing twist on this outfit.

    hearts ^__^,
    Melai of Style and Soul

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love your today's autfit. and dress is definitely a keeper, it suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so in love with your dress and shoes. Floral prints, big bows, what more can you ask for?:D And I feel the same way about Summer & dresses. I've been buying dresses lately because they're no fuss and we can still wear them with tights in Fall and Winter! Glad to know you enjoyed the A-Team. Face was dreamy, but Murdock stole the show for me. He's friggin' hilarious! :D

    I heard about Cotton On and their great basics. Too bad they're not avail. in Canada :( :( :(

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your flora flats, too cute!
    And what is better than a dress in the summer? It's my favorite go-to piece, definitely wear them more!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am loving red right now, and this cardigan is to die for. And i love the polkadots! super cute. and I love your shoes! lol, I love everything and i love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE THIS! Polka dots and red are definitely meant to be together. I think I might have to take this idea and run with it for an outfit post in the future! Ah, you're an inspiration, xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. u look really cute in polka dots
    i think it is your style!

    ReplyDelete