Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monthly New's



So remember my New Year's resolution of trying at least one new thing every month? I thought it'd be fun to document it here so I can remember and so I can be held accountable for that resolution. It'd also be good to summarize and reflect at the end of each month, instead of waiting until 2013 comes around. I'll be better at actually photographing it next month.

1. I've been really obsessed with spicy tuna and spicy salmon (aka real sushi). I used to not even want to try it because the idea of eating something raw kind of disgusted me. I tried it once in high school and didn't like it, but I tried it again this month, and I'm hooked (no pun intended!).

2. Now this isn't exactly a new thing, but I've been jogging almost every morning and night. I hated running, but now I find it to be so cathartic, even if it is hard for me. I'm also toying with the idea of running a 5K race in May.

3. Yesterday I went to my first a capella concert with some friends in LA. It was so much fun and I have a deeper appreciation for a capella.

Words I want to live by:
"What you put up with you end up with."
-- The Daily Love (aka my new favorite blog)

What new things did you try this month? Do you have any suggestions for me to try in February?

Until next post,
Jasmine

4 comments:

  1. Love this idea Jazzy! I have an undying love for spicy salmon and spicy tuna sashimi, we need to get some together sometime :)

    Happy end of the month (gosh it flew by fast), suggestions for you to try? Do a marathon! They're fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! You've been quite the busy person, what with fun activities and grad apps. I'm glad you're sticking with your resolutions!! I think its so cool that you're running too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running!! Good for you trying new things. You should try a 5k! They're really fun.

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow good job on the running! What about some swimming? And i want to try this spicy salmon and spicy tuna you speak of! :D

    ReplyDelete