But after dropping my 11:00 art class, I will definitely be able to post more outfits (at least on Mondays and Wednesdays). The weather here is so bizarre! It's as if during my 6-hour flight home on Monday, California's pathetic attempt at a winter skipped over spring and brought in summer. I mean I had the fan in my room on in the afternoon...Ridiculous! I didn't need to wear tights for warmth in today's 80-degree weather, but I don't think my legs are ready to see daylight just yet...
(wearing: red striped crop top -- forever 21; chambray skirt, saddle oxfords -- urban outfitters; patterned tights -- target; flower accessory -- h&m)
I told you I'd recreate what I wore to the conference soon! Even though this isn't exactly what I wore, it's pretty close. I actually should've worn this...so much better, but ah well! I really wish this top wasn't a crop-top so that I could wear it sans anything-high-waisted, but at least it matches all my skirts! I think if I find a bodysuit to go underneath it, I could wear it with anything and everything! This top will definitely be in heavy rotation during spring and summer! I'm kind of annoyed that a "trend" for spring and summer is stripes...I mean there was a whole window display at H&M for stripes. I guess it'll be nice to have more options while shopping, but it'll definitely be frustrating looking like everyone else...Ah well, trends here come and go, but I will forever be obsessed with stripes (and bows, and cardigans....).
I don't know why but when I got home from New York, I had this intense need to wear a pair of patterned tights--it must've been because all of the girls' were rocking them in New York. And since I only have one pair of patterned tights (I really want to get more now...), this is the outfit I came up with! This has got to be one of my favorite outfits of mine. It's like...Jasmine 2.0! Haha!
In New York, I didn't feel self-conscious at all when I wore my bows in my hair. Here, I get weird stares from passing girls, and approving smiles from grandmas and mothers. Psh. I've learned to ignore them now that hair bows have become such a signature part of my outfits, and mostly because I just love them! The hot weather today definitely made me long for spring/summer so I decided to wear a flower in my hair instead!
Today I scored an Holga Film Camera at Urban Outfitters on sale! I absolutely cannot wait to experiment with film! With film, every. shot. counts. because you only get one chance. I also can't wait to get fish-eye lenses and things for it too! Eek!
Until next post,
As promised, I will list seven random facts about myself from an award given to me by the lovely Annie from, Time Enough for Drums:
1. For as long as I can remember, I've only gotten my hair cut at a salon once. Ever since I was a kid, my mom has been cutting my hair. During a time when my mom was unemployed, she decided to make the most of her time off and went to beauty school so our family would save tons of money. She's been cutting all of our hair ever since.
2. I really want a dog--a Pembroke Welsh Corgi, that I will name Stumpy. Today I saw three brand new corgi puppies in the pet store. I just wanted to walk out with all three of them. They just melt my heart every single time!
3. In the mornings, I shower and then I brush my teeth. Don't really know how this habit formed...
4. I was on my high school's yearbook staff as an Editor of the Senior Section and as a writer, not a photographer. Weird how things change...
5. One day, I want to have all of the books in the Boxcar Children and The Babysitters' Club series. I loved those books as a child. This summer I will start scouring used bookstores!
6. My favorite book as a kid was Matilda. I love the book and the movie--one of the best book-based movies ever! Second favorite--The Giving Tree.
7. I still secretly wish Brittany and Justin will get back together, and also N*SYNC; though..I think I always liked Backstreet Boys better...
And I pass this Creative Blogger Award along to...
1. Sybil, from Animated Confessions
2. Mel, from Curious Mel
3. Jess, from Lack of Creativity (hehe oh the irony!)
4. Kristy, from Monochromochic
5. Coco, from Our Paper Moon
6. Pauline, from Paulinabelle
7. Tieka, from Selective Potential