Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hair Routine







Hello!
I've recently learned how to tame my once wild hair so I thought I'd share my super simple hair routine if you have thick, naturally-voluminous, not-the-good-kind-of-wavy hair like me. A bit of background: I never liked my hair. I was always jealous of my friends' long, shiny locks. I have thick hair and I also have a lot of it. And so I've kept the same a-line bob haircut for a few years now and will probably keep it for the rest of my life. I'm lucky that my mom has been cutting my hair since I was little otherwise maintaining short hair will get too expensive with frequent trims.

Since my hair is thick, it's pretty low maintenance. I wash my hair once every 3-4 days. I use Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly shampoo and John Frieda Frizz Ease Smooth Start conditioner. I shampoo only the top half, and I condition the bottom half. After washing my hair, sometimes I put in Loreal's Out of bed Weightless Texturizer in damp hair if I want texture and to make my hair a bit piecey. I only blow dry my hair if I wash my hair in the mornings, otherwise I just go to sleep with wet/damp hair. Every morning, I have to straighten my hair otherwise I look like a hot mess.

I used to use a cheap Remington 1" flat iron that I got from Target; but Missiko sent me a HANA 1.5" flat iron to try out and review a few weeks ago, and I have been loving it! While I may still use my 1" to curl my hair because the 1.5" makes too big of a curl for my short hair, I actually like the extra .5" because it makes straightening a lot faster. I have found that it makes my hair so much more silky and soft compared to my other straightener. I also love that I don't need to use the highest heat setting with this straightener. The only thing I don't like about this straightener is that I wish the light indicating whether it's on or not was on the outside and not in between the clamps so I can quickly see if I left my straightener on (I am guilty of doing that a lot actually), but I'm learning to check the straightener before I leave the house each morning. I've also learned that it might just be worth it to splurge on hair styling tools like a quality chi straightener, especially since I use it everyday and it makes my hair can't-stop-touching-it-kind-of-soft.

Phew! Who knew writing about my hair could be so lengthy? Tell me your hair secrets! Hope you all are having a good-hair weekend!

Until next post,
Jasmine

herbal essences tousle me softly shampoo
john frieda frizz ease smooth start conditioner
loreal out of bed weightless texturizer
wide tooth comb
1.5" hana flat iron c/o missiko

5 comments:

  1. You should do a youtube vid :D Your haircut is cute btw

    xx
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh this is cute, reminds me that I need to do my post for Missiko soon, oopsy! :)

    P.S. I love hair routines, I don't have any secrets though, I'm lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I've been noticing a difference in your hair lately:) It's amazing what a quality hair tool will do for your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is so cute! Thanks for the tips. :)

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete