Thursday, September 15, 2011

NYFW: ModSwap

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
dress - primark (swap with chloe) / jacket - uo / belt - anthropologie / gold bow pin - madewell / shoes - swedish hasbeens x h&m

Hello!
This is the night version of this day outfit. To go from day to night, I took off the striped tee and added a jacket, belt, and heels. I am so glad I picked up this jacket on a last minute shopping trip before NYFW. It was on sale and I just can't seem to take it off. I just feel so much more sophisticated and put together with it on. My Madewell bow pin made a full circle in coming back to NYC. I bought it last NYFW and never got to wear it until now since it always looked a bit droopy on cardigans; but on a jacket, it's the sweetest touch.

The ModSwap was hosted by ModCloth and The Swapaholics at the Black Door. At this event, we were asked to bring in two gently used items to swap with fellow bloggers. As soon as we arrived, we took our items, tagged them, and put them on a rack where we could all look through and pick out two items through out the night. ModCloth was also super generous and allowed us to pick out one new item from their store on a separate rack. I was like a kid in a candy store with free pickings at clothes! It was so wonderful reuniting with Emily and Tieka that night too. It's crazy how much we've grown since our first fashion week in February 2010! I'm glad I stayed towards the end of the event because by then, the ModCloth items were moved to the same rack as the swap items and I was able to walk away with three new ModCloth items. Before then, I hadn't picked up any swap items, mainly because most of the sizes were smalls and I am not a small...! So two items I never wore for three brand new items ain't a bad trade huh? I love swaps! I will need to look for more here in California.

After the event, Jen, Jenny, and I ate a late-night dinner at Hill Country Chicken, which had the best fried chicken I've had in a long time. I don't know how but we're now 2 for 2 in stumbling into delicious hole in the wall restaurants. My stomach, brain, and heart never leave hungry after hanging out with these girls. I love and miss them both so much.

I can't wait to show you the items I picked up from the swap!

Until next post,
Jasmine
photo booth photos c/o modcloth
last two photos c/o tieka

17 comments:

  1. This dress would have suited your previous lay-out so well, haha ^^ love the sailboat print! it's so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOSH you're adorable!!! love that dress so much. I've been so drawn to this color lately! I might have to take note of how you styled this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing an outfit styled day to night...especially since I almost didn't even recognize the dress from your last post! I just found myself thinking again how much I luuurve that sailboat print :) haha. The swap looks so fun! Great photos! I bet it's so surreal meeting so many online friends in person at once. xoxo kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too adorable... and I'm so glad you came to the picnic, hopefully there will be another one and we can chat more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clothes swap! I've always wanted to do that! Maybe I should host a bloggers' clothes swap in Toronto. I always drool over other bloggers' clothes, shoes, and bags! :D

    That dress is really cute, Jasmine! And again, it's really YOU! The color, the print, the cut, very Transient Withdrawal :) And love how you added the bow brooch! AAAAHHHHDORABLE :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you dress is cute!! i love the little boats on it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous dress! <3


    xoxo,

    Bonnie

    http://flashesofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun!!!! i want to see more pics! and i wanna see your swaps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're looking really happy girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are too cute Jasmine! Seeing these NYFW posts makes me wish we could have hung out! I love the boat print on your dress and that adorable blazer. Can't wait to see what you swapped :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, your blog is so cute!

    LOVE your shoes & this pretty sailboat dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing you there while I was rifling through all those amazing Modcloth dresses was just tops!!! I was so happy to finally give you a hug! hehe.. Miss hanging out with you:( I can't believe it's already been a while week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dress has sail boats on it. I think my life is complete. You look adorable in it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaaay! I had so much fun that night and I absolutely loved hanging out!! Love you!! xo

    ReplyDelete