Monday, September 26, 2011

Florals in Combat

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
jacket - gap / dress - forever 21 / boots - topshop / bag - madewell

Hello!
Even though it is officially Fall now, I'm still catching up on outfits from the last few days of Summer. It has been pretty gloomy lately, which made the transition from Summer to Fall pretty easy. My closet isn't big enough where I really need to make a huge deal out of changing seasons. My clothes all coexist pretty peacefully, but I did make a point to make my tights more accessible. I also picked up two pairs of tights from the Missoni for Target line. I can't wait to layer again. I've missed layering sweaters over dresses the most I think.

As I've said in my last post, these boots have some magical effect on me because they sparked a change in my style that I didn't expect and wasn't really sure I wanted. (Plus these boots make chasing ducks pretty easy.) But I'm totally embracing the change now. I've seen and loved so many outfits with floral dresses and ankle boots, but was always too scared to try them. Now I sort of just want to try anything and everything. I just had to try this look out before I loan it out to Nicole. I really love it and will probably be in variations of it through out the season. Is it weird that my desire for floral dresses are stronger in the Fall and Winter than in the Spring and Summer? I always want what I can't have. I'm so glad I scored this Gap military jacket on sale though. I've been wearing it to work a lot. Speaking of work, work is so wonderful now. I started at a new center (same company, just different branch) right after I got back from NYFW. At first, I was a bit resentful that they made me switch because I had already gotten so attached to the kids, but it really turned out to be a blessing in disguise. At this center, I'm really given the opportunity to shine and collaborate with my director. The kids have really grown on me too. Life is just so wonderful right now. I'm putting off grad school applications just so I can prolong this bliss for as long as I can.

Until next post,
Jasmine

15 comments:

  1. Love the boots! I also loved the Dynamic Duo vlog...the part with the roommate cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with this outfit, you have no idea. I wanna steal it for myself (good thing you live far away otherwise you'd never see it again). Those booties are really getting their money's worth and you know how to work them. :D

    I'm glad everything's going to well at work now and that you're really getting to handle more responsibilities and take charge!

    And you just reminded me I have yet to check out the Missoni for Target Line. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh I'm loving the combination combat jacket - flower dress, it's so perfect, couldn't have imagined it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm in love with your boots, they are beautiful! And I love the khaki jacket with the girly florals, such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word: ADORABLE! Those boots suit your outfit and your easy-going personal style perfectly! Love the fringe and the burnt cognac color! I could imagine you wearing them with black tights or heather grey ones! :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This may be one of my favorite outfits I've seen from you! i think it's a little bit out of your 'bubble' (not there's anything wrong with your striped tees and skirts, hehe!) but still so you! i loveee your "you" element of the florals mixed with some different styles. I want to wear a floral dress with a military jacket now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a staple outfit for me :) it consists of everything i love! & it is so cute on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my most favorite outfits of yours Jasmine! I love the mix of girly and edgy - and those boots! Just forget it! I may just have to style up that dress in a similar way when it arrives, hehe :)
    Which reminds me: sent out the clothes today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am happy to hear that the center is working out much better than t
    And the boots are definitely helping to influence a style change, and I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love this! It might be a little different than your usual looks, but it's still totally YOU. The jacket and boots complement the dress perfectly!

    xx, Katrina
    Sparkle is a Color

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love your blog,
    maybe you could follow my blog,
    I follow your blog now ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this outfit and i LOVE those shoes. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are too cute girl! adore those shoes!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jasmine, I love your new boots! They are awesome and they look great with your florals!
    So glad to hear that your new job is going well and that you are getting a little more responsibility. I really missed fashion week...I keep thinking about how much fun it was last year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jasmine, I love this look so much I don't even know how to put it into words! YOU LOOK AMAZING. This style really suits you and I can't wait to see more rugged, experimental you! (;

    Aww, well that's so good to hear about your work. I hope the blessings continue to pour from hereon out! <3

    ReplyDelete