Monday, September 19, 2011

NYFW: A Very Stylish Picnic

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
cardigan, belt, and shoes - gap / blouse - zara / skirt - cotton on

Hello!
On Saturday, Jen and I headed into the city and our first stop was SoHo. That weekend we were hunting for a Dynamic Duo item (but a separate post on that later). We met up with Emily for some shopping and lunch at the SoHo Cafe. Jen and I did some major damage to our bank accounts in Topshop (just like last year), and I'm seriously regretting not buying more basics from Uniqlo. I might just be having an affair with Uniqlo (sorry Gap, but Uniqlo's t-shirt is just so soft. Why did I only get one when it was on sale for $5?). I'm definitely stocking up there on my next trip to NYC.

After shopping, lunch, and a quick pitstop at Starbucks, the three of us made our way to Sheep Meadow in Central for the Very Stylish Picnic. I've been saving this outfit as soon as I RSVPed to the event. This is actually the blouse I wore for when I was interview for my current job. I've definitely worn it quite a few times but I wanted to wait until NYFW to debut it. It was not easy having to wait, but now I can wear it out all I want. I adore the heart print and how light it is. It's got some ruffle sleeves too that I will have to show you all one day. I also can't wait to get more wear out of this light denim/chambray skirt!

The best part of this event was definitely getting to hang out and meeting bloggers from all over the country (and even some international bloggers!). I loved popping bubbles with Hope from A Flattering Tale, meeting Veronika from Tick Tock Vintage, and being silly with Tieka. I spent more time with the last two after the picnic when we grabbed dinner at Vynl in Chelsea. That night was also our last night in the city so after dinner, Jen and I went to Times Square so I could pick up some souvenirs for Robert. We had loads of fun at the M&M store that had a personality/mood detector that pronounced that I had a fiery personality but was a little nutty!

Until next post,
Jasmine
group photo c/o emily

9 comments:

  1. I love this outfit! So picnic perfect! Plus I love light blue and red together. So happy NYFW was so much fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super stylish picnic indeed! Everyone looks amazing! Love your top, glad to hear you had a great time, sounds like a ton of fun, can't wait to go to NY some time hopefully soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, yay!! These photos are so cute - I love that last one of us!! So much fun. I miss you already!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sad I missed out on this picnic! Looks like such a great opportunity to just relax and get to know fellow bloggers. You look so adorable as usual!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and all the other girls look so adorable! I wish I could have been there, lol, it looks like a ball of fun! :D

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how everyone wore pastel colors and adorable sun dresses/skirts! It's so cute- it's like you guys planned it ;) I love that picture with Tieka. One day I'll be in these pictures with you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I wish I could've been there! You are too adorable Jasmine! I love your blouse and bright red shoes. It looks like you all had the best time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, thanks for your comment!
    I don't know the number of my sunglasses just that they are called "Clubmaster" you can find them here http://rstyle.me/ejqd5ncgm hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute are those photos?! I love that one of your red shoes above the ground. :)

    It was so great meeting you at the picnic! Let me know if you're ever in NYC again. :) Also, I love Uniqlo! I had never been to one until we moved here, and my husband and I are obsessed. I want puffy vests in every color! :)

    -Hope
    www.aflatteringtale.com

    ReplyDelete