Tuesday, September 13, 2011

NYFW: Day One

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
top - f21 / dress - primark (swap with chloe) / bag - madewell / shoes - gap

Hello!
Long time no blog post! I'm finally back from my trip to New Jersey/New York. Overall, it was so much fun and I feel like I was more relaxed this time around since I had no official business and was able to enjoy the events I attended. But...let's just start at the beginning shall we?

I left CA early Thursday morning. Getting to NJ was pretty rough: First my flight was delayed 1.5 hours; then I also got Mother Nature's monthly gift while at the airport; and during the actual plane ride, there was a bit of turbulence that made me throw up. But once I landed, I figured the trip couldn't get any worse now that I was about to be reunited with Jen. We met at the train station and rushed back to her place to get ready for FNO. That will probably be my last FNO (at least in NYC). It was just so crowded and we got there too late to go to any events. At least I got a NYC hot dog that night. I will rewear my outfit from that night another time.

This outfit is from Friday--my first full day on the east coast. It took us a while to get to the city that day just because we were so exhausted from the night before, but we got there in time for a bit of thrifting and photo taking before the Modswap event later that night. This new tote bag from Madewell and these Gap city flats were definitely my life savers during the trip. The tote bag was definitely a splurge for me, but I figured it's high time I start investing in better quality pieces, especially handbags. The flats are so comfortable and I finally have my perfect pair of red flats to add my favorite pop of color to any outfit! Chloe and I swapped some clothes a while ago. I am in love with this dress and will be so sad when I have to return it. I can't wait to get in a few outfits with it before I have to give it back.

Stay tuned to see how I turned this into an evening look to wear to the Modswap.

Until next post,
Jasmine

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! It's 100% Jasmine, the nautical lover. I'm glad you had a wonderful time in here in the City and were able to reunite with Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, Jasmine! Glad to hear that you had a fun time reuniting with Jen, and frolicking around the east coast.

    The print on that dress is adorbs and so YOU! It's meant for you, too bad you'll have to return it. :/ AND the flats are pretty great too. I've been eyeing the Gap city flats for a while now. They're so affordable that I want them in all the colors. LOL.

    xx Love & Aloha
    Swing by to enter my $100 Shopbop Giftcard Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! That's so exciting!!!! And that's awesome you were able to meet up with Jen again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sailboat prints are the best! Well, after cat prints. Haha. You look so adorable, and this seems like the most comfortable outfit everrr. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip; can't wait to hear more!

    PS
    Sorry you threw up on the plane though. \=

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable!
    I love all the color combinations, and I just love nautical-themed... well, anything!
    cute, cute, cute :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, yay!! NYC posts!! This outfit is so cute!! That sailboat print skirt... ah, I die!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so cute! i love those red flats, and loving how you paired the striped with the patterned skirt. darling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO fun that you where in NY hun. I've seen your adorable pics floating in the blogosphere. What a fun and amazing trip! I'm hoping to go next September & can't wait!! And oh my goodness, your skirt is absolutely adorable. I love the cute little sailboats, can't wait to see how you re-vamped the look. xo veronika

    ReplyDelete
  9. that skirt (dress) is AMAZING jasmine.
    ahhhh..i really love it. looove that you paired it with a striped top. everything works so amazing together.
    glad you made it safe back from NYC! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look - I'm lovin' that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a horrible plane ride; glad everything got better after though! Love how you wore this as a skirt here, adorable print & love how you tied the stripped top too : )

    ReplyDelete