Thursday, May 05, 2011

Summer Dreams

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
outfit: cardigan -- gap; top -- h&m; shorts -- f21; sandals -- uo; bow -- crafts store

Hello!
Yesterday, I started out the day with a different outfit. After lunch, I wasn't digging my skirt's elastic waistband around my food baby so I went home to change and felt so comfortable for the rest of the day in this outfit. Robert thought I was crazy, but who ever said fashion can't be comfortable too? And in this crazy heat, I won't accept anything but comfortable. You may be then wondering why I'm wearing a cardigan in such 90-degree weather, well it's because I'm very much self-conscious about my flabby arms--even after dropping 15-pounds. Sometimes I feel the actual physical weight has been easier to drop than my insecurities. That is why I've been looking for the perfect, lace tee that doesn't require me to layer a tank underneath, but to no avail. I'm fine with whatever comes first: confidence or a lace tee.

Summer is quickly approaching! Next week is the last week of classes, and then finals the week after. I feel like I have so many plans but none have really been finalized yet. I guess that's part of the whole Summer feeling: dreams and spontaneity. Oh for what I'd give for a entirely free summer--no work, just play.

Until next post,
Jasmine

15 comments:

  1. I still can't get over your yellow sandals! I so want a pair! you lost another 5 pounds!! that's awesome Jasmine!!! you should be so proud, I know I am of you! keep it up girl ^,^

    ReplyDelete
  2. will we be seeing a lot of those yellow sandals? they're so cute and chic (yet practical!) :)

    About feeling self-conscious about your arms, I have the same issue too. I would love to wear sleeveless tops, but I have broad shoulders and my upper arms are quite big :( That's why I dislike the warm weather. I can't hide them without feeling baked inside a cardigan or a jacket. It's all in my head, I guess. You're not alone :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What about finding a nude colored tee-shirt that you can layer under the lace blouse? That might work if you can't find what you're looking for.

    And this outfit is very pretty. I love those shorts with that top/cardi mix:) I'm bookmarking this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with the combination of the blue shorts and those yellow shoes!

    And about the arms, I'm feeling the same. That's why I fell in love with cardis and why I wear them as often as possible now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look beautiful, Jasmine! The self-esteem will come. It's the season where people shed their clothes so it's hard seeing other bodies out there and wishing ours were different, but instead of looking at it that way, let's shed our insecurities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am so happy for you on losing weight. it is such a hard and sometimes annoying thing to do.
    ok..little story.
    i went to forever21 looking for floral shorts bc of you.
    i tried a large on and hated them on me. ugh.
    they ALWAYS look amazing on you..
    but man, they do not like me. haha.. :P
    lovely outfit Jasmine..those yellow sandals look like the perfect summer shoe!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. The shorts is a must have! ^^ here in our part of the world it's so hot that if I could wear shorts all the time, I would, ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi, im from indonesia, im so happy that i found a blog like yours. you are so inspiring, beaturitiful and stylish!
    especially in this look, the cardigan is sweet <3 love it!

    xxo,
    The Coronet

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wear cardigans in 90-degree weather (or worse) all the time! Haha. Aw Jasmine, you are a lovely lovely girl, I hope you know that! But still, you have to feel comfortable with whatever you wear and post here, so take your time. It'll come. (:

    *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eek! I love those shorts :) Comfort > Fashion.. in my mind at least. Also, your self esteem will come, you're beautiful no matter what. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my first time on your blog and I just wanted to say hello and that your yellow sandals look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have a thing about showing my arms as well. we should make a pact to get past our insecurity together! I love the colours in this outfit by the way and the lace and florals look so lovely together x

    ReplyDelete
  13. you always look cute
    and I can't believe you lost 15 pounds!
    you should share your story on how you did it!
    you are such an inspiration!

    I'm your newest follower! (on GFC and bloglovin)
    I also put your link on my page :)
    it would be so awesome if you return the favor ;)

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a sweet outfit! so girly and frilly! perfect for summer!

    i'm so self conscious about my arms too! but sometimes i just say "screw it!" and i let them free haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I should be studying right now but I just have to say how much I love all the blues in this outfit! <3

    AND I GOT MY F21 PACKAGE FROM MY MOM.

    ReplyDelete