Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Many the Miles

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
outfit: dress -- victoria's secret; chambray blouse -- uo; shoes -- aldo; ring -- f21

Hello!
I've had this chambray top for a few weeks now and finally got around to styling it. When I got it, I knew I'd be wearing it like this. It's so soft and comfortable. I've been looking for one since last Spring and it was waiting in UO's sale section all along. Robert said this made me actually look like a teacher. I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing it to Thursday's interview tucked into a skirt and black tights since it's the only button down blouse I really own that isn't from my piano recital/orchestra days. I have been loving this tied-blouse-over-dresses/skirts look. It's just so casual and summery. I now want to find a gingham plaid button down to do this with too.

These next few days are going to be crazy with studying for finals, taking those finals, working, preparing for my interview, and getting back on track with my diet. Last week was a complete fail, so I'm letting it go and making this week count. The next time I'll update will probably be after all this chaos is over. I've been feeling more anxious than usual lately. I don't know what I'm more afraid of: finals or what comes after finals. I feel like I'm on a ship seeing black clouds in the horizon, preparing for some hurricane that will come my way...Good luck to the rest of you with finals this week!

Until next post,
Jasmine

21 comments:

  1. Love this outfit, so summery and chic! Good luck for your interview and your finals x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chambray shirt is so nice on you. I recently tried the tied-shirt style and fell in love. Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the shirt, jasmine! looks so nice with the floral dress. (can't believe you got the dress from victoria's secret! it's so cute!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the finals and upcoming interview! Button-ups are always my go-to for giving off the professional vibe. Pair a button-up with a blazer, skirt, tights and you're set! I can't wait to hear about the outcome of your interview & finals. YOU CAN DO IT! :)

    Also, such a cute look, too bad I can't pull that off in the office :( Darn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best of luck to your with your finals and your interview!! I love how you tied your blouse around your waist. It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea, I definitely want to try tying my button-down shirts like that now! Love the chambray shirt as well! Good luck on finals too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg yes, gingham would look so cute tied like this! (: I really do love the look - so casual cool with just a hint of sweetness. And you can never go wrong with chambray. <#

    Aww sorry to hear about that Jasmine! Good luck with everything you have to do :-*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! Chambray always makes me think of summer, as does tying shirts over dresses like this!
    Don't beat yourself up over your bad diet week. Trust me, there are ups and downs all the time - I've been doing this for two years and I've had entire bad months. I know you'll do great with everything that comes your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the tying shirts over dresses trend thing. I've never done it before in my life and have been itching to since seeing it quite a bit in the blog world. I'm just patiently waiting for it to sunny up a little more.

    The chambray + floral is so cute and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there!
    The chambray shirt is good on you! I just loved the way you tied your chambray. Aaaaa, it's a great outfit.

    Anyway, Good luck for your final and the interview. Have a great day!

    http://keziiaiueo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is a great outfit. i really like how the pink and blue go together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow you look so cute! i love the skirt and I have a similar ring but in pink!:)

    http://mestizay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck to you for not only your finals, but your interview as well! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that everything goes your way.

    This little outfit is about as cute as it can get! Not sure if the blouse is blue or purple, but either way is looks adorable with the pink, floral dress. Makes me think of warm, summery thoughts!

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jasmine you look so cute in this outfit, love the chambray shirt tied over that lovely skirt. Good luck on finals and your interview, I'm sure you will get through all of them marvelously! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. you look so cute with that tied shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute outfit I love it :)

    Claire M.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colours and tied shirt ♥
    Hope the chaos passes quickly :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loveee that top! And you can do it!!!!!! Relax, drink some tea, and THEN study. I have faith in youuuu! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh, I remember those recital/orchestra days - I'm sure I have those clothes somewhere in my room still. But anyway, I adore this outfit, especially the way you tied the chambray top! I love when you find just what you're looking for in the sale section. :)

    Also, I'll send you my Dynamic Duo pictures soon. Can we postpone it just a few days? Maybe Sunday??

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am having so much fun looking through all of your wonderful outfits! That skirt is so pretty & that chambray top is perfect. I love how you tied it. :)

    ReplyDelete