Friday, September 28, 2012

DD: Stripes










Jen and I are back with another Dynamic Duo post--and this one wasn't even really planned! A few weeks ago, I saw Jen's tweet that she had bought things from a ModCloth sale and so in one of our emails, I asked her what she got and told her what I got. It turns out that we had ordered the same top--this top. Normally, she and I shop online, decide on an item together, and then buy it; but not this time! I still smile every time I think about this inevitable coincidence. And just because I like to find meanings in things, I'd like to think that this top signifies just how much we've grown over the course of our friendship and of our Dynamic Duo adventure. We went from styling bows and being naive undergrad students to styling collared button-down blouses as a full-time New York City girl (Jen) and a graduate student (me). A lot of things have changed this year, but Jen has been and is always there for me. Sometimes I pinch myself, because what are the chances that I found some of my best friends on the internet of all places? I'm just so lucky to have her (and my other blogging friends) in my life. Sometimes, okay a lot of the time, I get so bogged down by the numbers of blogging: how many comments did I get, how many page views am I getting, etc. that I forget the best reason for blogging: meeting and connecting with people all around the world.

Since Jen and I are supposed to be sticking to budgets for a while, we'll be remixing old DD items, or instead of styling the same item, we're thinking of styling an outfit around a theme/color/article of clothing/etc. So if you have any ideas you'd like to share, I'd love to hear it! Have a lovely weekend!

Until next post,
Jasmine
my outfit:
cardigan - h&m
top - modcloth
skirt - urban outfitters
belt - h&m 
shoes - aldo

jen's outfit:
cardigan - old navy
top - modcloth
skirt - h&m 
shoes -   pink and pepper
bag -  oasap

5 comments:

  1. Aw you two are SO adorable. Of course you two picked out the same item without consulting each other, you're so alike and different at the same time :o)

    I love seeing how you both have your own individual twists on the shirt, and still look like such a great team, hehe.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend, Jazzy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. New here :)
    I really like your style!
    both of your outfits are great, and the idea behind DD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO MUCH LOVE.

    LIKE, INCREDIBLE AMOUNTS OF LOVE. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Dynamic Duo! What a crazy coincidence that you two chose the same item! I love how you two kept to a similar color palette to match the blouse but also styled it in your own individual ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. eeeppp too cute!!!! i miss you both!!! love the top so much!! suits you both so well! :D love both of your color combinations with these looks! :D

    ReplyDelete