Monday, June 18, 2012

The Way Things Are







First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the positive response on my last post in which I was honest with how I feel about blogging and life lately. I was a little nervous how people would react to it because it's such a touchy subject, but thankfully, most people seemed to be in agreement with me. At first I thought I was a little too harsh, but just as people are free to blog what they want, I wanted to express my opinion on the changes I've noticed around the blogosphere. But I don't foresee myself quitting my blog anytime soon, especially since I'm kind of anxious to see if or how my style will change over the course of graduate school and student teaching (and my unemployment). I am rethinking of the content of my blog though. Besides my outfits, teaching, writing, and photography are other ways I am able to express creativity. I think I might want to add some new things, maybe about teaching, budgeting, and other things about my life besides what I wear.

I said in my last post that I didn't want to force the creativity anymore and that I wanted to be a little more real. Well this outfit isn't all that creative, but it's truly something that I loved wearing. I put it together it effortlessly. If you follow me on Twitter or Instagram, you would've known that I recently splurged on three pairs of shoes, completely on impulse (never again!). I mulled them overnight and the next day I returned two pairs but kept this black pair. I need them for my future days as a student teacher. If you've followed my blog for a while, you'd know I hardly wear black, but these are so comfortable and they just go with everything.

Hope everyone had a good Father's Day weekend!

Until next post,
Jasmine
cardigan - gap
top - urban outfitters
skirt - urban outfitters
shoes - aldo
belt - gap
watch - nordstroms

4 comments:

  1. Love the look!!

    xo
    lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help but think of kung-fu shoes whenever I look at your flats, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I'm going to miss the bright patterns and "fun", but you're right. I feel like my style is even evolving a bit (I just bought three tops online and all of them were solid... so unlike me) and I've been opting for simplicity and more sophistication! And it doesn't mean you can't still have fun :) Simple black flats are my go to for EVERYTHING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful outfit and stylish. good combination.
    parfum pas cher

    ReplyDelete