Friday, April 02, 2010

Wherever the Wind Takes Us

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Robert and I have already agreed to replace an hour at the gym with a long walk. We are also doing a "date-night" sort-of-thing where once a week we go to a nicer restaurant. This week we had Ruby's, and it was so delicious! I've been craving their Kobe Beef Sliders ever since we had it on Monday! Even though I see him close to everyday, I still feel distant from him at times since we're both stressed out with school. So I think this just allows us to relax and be together.

I don't know what it is about power lines that just enamor me. I've been in this same city for the past 15 years. I've seen it go from rural to urban; from being filled with strawberry fields and orange trees to being filled with sky-scraping apartment complexes and office buildings. As much as this city has tried to put these power lines underground, I'm glad they haven't. The lines remind us of our insignificance, of our vulnerability, of our industrial past.

I snapped these yesterday after my lame apology post. Robert did get some outfit shots of me, but my outfit didn't go with the scenery. I'm way better behind the camera than in front of it. I guess you can get a gist of my outfit though. I am loving my Zara skirt and almost bought the other color yesterday since my size was available, but didn't because I thought I'd find something better at the H&M Garden Collection. I didn't. This is also one of my new rings that I got over Spring Break! I've been searching for a snake ring for a while, and I found this at Target of all places!

When I read that Diane of Darling Darling moved to a new blog that wasn't as focused on fashion, and was focused more on her experiments with film and just random things she loves, I have been juggling the idea of moving my blog into more of that direction. I just hate that nagging feeling in the morning to dress blog-worthy, and then later feelings of frustration to find time to document these blog-worthy outfits, or guilt that my outfit that day is not blog-worthy. I don't do well under pressure, so I think I'm just going to relieve some of it by diluting the fashion aspect with other things like photography and my discussion posts. I might lose some followers over this, but I gotta do what makes me happy. This change could be tentative. I've realized that I can't control or plan everything. I really just got to go with the flow.

What do you guys think of this "plan?"

Until next post,
Jasmine

20 comments:

  1. These photos are lovely :) How about keep this blog and have a second...just do an outfit update as and when you feel like it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are really beautiful, Jasmine. You don't have to post outfit photos everyday, either. I don't think anyone really expects that of anyone else. Do what makes you feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean. I've been thinking about the same things lately. I realized that I was putting pressure on myself...even though I really put a lot of myself into my outfits way before I started the blog. I also realized recently that I want to expand my blog to include other things. I completely support you in whatever direction you take the blog...and in deciding to spend some time with Robert to relax. These photos are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I follow your blog for your beautiful photography and your life. If that includes fashion or not it doesn't matter to me. I'll still be here to watch you grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are wonderful! :) and you can totally do whatever you want...it's your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    I'm a chictopia lurker (I really want to post but it's hard to get pictures and think of what to say--I finally managed to start my own blog after what seemed like forever of contemplation of what to say! haha!) and I came upon your blog not too long ago. I just want to say I really enjoyed looking at your photographs and your description about your city really made me think. It was wonderful.

    Best of luck with the blog!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! :)
    I love wandering around my city too, and sometimes is my only form of exercise...

    Anyway!
    Ultimately, a blog is an outlet for the person who owns the blog, be it fashion, photography, whatever! Being confined to only writing about one thing is (no matter how broad and interesting that thing is), in my opinion, dreadful. That being said, you may lose some followers, but the important thing is being true to yourself and what you like to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you should do whatever makes you happy, If you'd rather focus on photography because you feel like there's less pressure go for it! I think you should at least try it, I love the first and third from the last pictures they are gorgeous.

    lovelove, M.
    http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw Jas you are an incredibly talented photographer, I am 101% certain that people would love to see more of what you can do and read about your thoughts on the matter. Ultimately this blog is yours and yours alone, it has to please YOU before anyone else! Just don't stop with the outfit posts altogether because we will really miss it! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are really lovely photos!

    I think your blog should be a reflection of you and what makes you happy. It should never stress you out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay I've missed your gorgeous photography! These are all so beautiful, and you really capture the beauty of power lines! I think you should post WHATEVER you want to post about, whether it be fashion or photography, but you shouldn't feel obligated to dress a certain way just for the blog! The change doesn't have to be a complete makeover, or your blog doesn't have to be set in only one kind of posting on one particular topic! It should be an expression of who you are as a person! I liked the idea of H&M's Garden collection, all those colorful florals, but when it came right down to the actual pieces and shapes and clothes, it just didn't work for me either :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. your photos are always so amazing. and you could always just combine the two. no one said that you had to have one blog for fashion and one blog for photography. the two go hand in hand and it will be easy to combine. i think that maintaining two different blogs would probably be very tough. but you can do whatever you want with your blog, this is just my opinion. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww jasmine these shots are just stunning! i'm pretty sure i could never capture power lines the way you do. :) and how adorable is that shot of your hand with robert's hand with the power lines in the background :)
    and hey, this is your blog, go whichever direction you want to. i'll never get sick of your photography <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. these photos are beautiful. I adore both your outfit photos and your photography posts so whatever you choose to do, I will still be your follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and I seem to have been doing the opposite with my blog, It started off as an everyday diary kind of thing and now is starting to turn more fashion based.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also pretty enamoured with power lines...they just look so simple going across the frame of photos that it's quite beautiful sometimes.

    In regards to your "plan," do what makes you happy! Post what you want, when you want as long as you like it. I was feeling much too pressured at "darling darling" and absolutely felt the need to relieve it. Even though it hasn't been that long, I'm positive I made the right choice, as I am so much happier at my new blog. I don't worry about comments anymore or if my posts/outfits will please everybody...I just post what I like (not that I didn't before, it's just that added pressure, y'know?). Anyways, I totally support the new direction your blog is going to go in. Kudos to you, Jasmine!

    (And thanks for the shout-out!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi there! your photos are gorgeous and really, quite adorable. a blog is still something personal that YOU own so, don't feel too pressured. i'm sure your loyal fans will understand! keep doin your thing, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What gorgeous pictures! It makes me see power lines in a different way now ;) I think a long walk is more enjoyable than the gym. The gym is so boring!!!

    Also, I think you should do whatever makes YOU happy. We are, after all, your readers and followers ;)

    Enter to win a William Riera dress!
    clothedmuch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute and romantic photos,love it♥

    ReplyDelete