Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving Thanks

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hello!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you are all spending quality time with your families and eating delicious food. I'm taking a quick break from all the cooking. We just made mashed potatoes and the turkey is roasting in the oven. Soon I'll be making my first pumpkin pie and my special, traditional pecan pie. I've been making pecan pies every year since I was a kid. It's the only thing I know how to bake, but hopefully I can add pumpkin pie to my very short list of baking abilities.

Even though they drive me crazy sometimes, I am so thankful for Robert, for my family, and for my jobs. I am also so very thankful for all you readers! Blogging has definitely been one of the best projects I've started...but I'll save the sentimental mushy stuff for my blog's anniversary in a few weeks. I wore this outfit yesterday and took photos right before running to practically every grocery store within 5 miles to gather all the things we needed today. I'm starting to fall in love with old pieces all over again, like this floral skirt. I forgot how comfortable and colorful it really is. At the same time, I cannot wait to go shopping tomorrow! I already pep talked my brother into carrying my bags and fighting off people for me :)

Until next post,
Jasmine

outfit: jacket -- gap; t-shirt, tights, and hat -- f21; skirt and belt -- zara; flats -- topshop

17 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit :)
    Enjoy your baking and wishing you lots of great finds for tomorrow's retail madness :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy thanksgiving, Jasmine :D Too bad I can't go across the border to participate in the Black Friday shopping extravaganza :( But shop a lot and don't forget to show us your new goodies!!!! :D

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy thanksgiving jasmine!

    that jacket looks oh so comfy!! and such a cute belt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy thanksgiving love.
    i am thankful for you and your wonderful blog.
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful that I get to read your blog, and that I even got to meet you a few months ago! :)
    I love love love this look. That belt, and skirt, and cardigan...Ahh, so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. everytime you wear this cardigan i fall in love with it all over again. it just looks so cozy all the time! :) and you really know how to rock a beret.

    i hope you're having an amazing thanksgiving! i'm drooling just reading about those mashed potatoes and the pumpkin pie! don't get trampled tomorrow morning! i'm still debating if I wanna go black friday shopping. i'm the only one in my family that's going so it'll be lonesome :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with your sweater! And that hat! Bah, you're too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your outfits are getting better and better Jasmine! Everything you wear can easily become my favorite. No lie.

    Hm, I'm always jealous of anyone who can cook or bake anything, really. I can't even cook the simplest of dishes, more so a pecan pie! (: have fun shopping! I bet you'll come home with LOADS of stuff. Haha.

    PS
    No, I don't take my own pictures... I kind of suck with the tripod. Plus my photographer friend is kind of amazing.(;

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaahhh happy thanksgiving!!! :D have a good one, jasmine!!!

    looking so cute and adorable for the event! :D i just love the heart belt and the floral skirt!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love that hat. It looks great with your hair! Happy Thanksgiving! I hope it is filled with so much love from family, friends, and blog friends too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love the knit jacket!!! it goes so well with the floral skirt!

    http://deathbyplatforms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving! Pecan pie is one of my favorites, along with apple and cherry pie!

    I just LOVE how you put together simple outfits into such an adorable way :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jasmine! You look absolutely adorable. I love that beret, and I think it goes great with that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really lovely outfit, and I love the new redesign on your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hayhay!
    How are you? Your blog is great and I love your style and pictures! I'm glad that I've visited yours.

    Please, check mine, & maybe we can follow eachother? + join my giveaway!

    Thanks and love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. cute dress! happy thanksgiving!
    <3mode.
    http://modestylist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete