Tuesday, December 04, 2012

24 Before 24

  

I turn 23 years old today!

Already, this birthday has just been so amazing. Over the weekend, my parents got me a new Macbook Air. This means more than just getting a new computer for me. I was never that kid who had a long wish list for her birthday; rather, all I really wanted were books. This is the first big present from my parents ever, and for me, it just symbolizes how much growth my family has achieved over this past year. I finally feel like I'm making my parents proud. And then yesterday, my friends in my grad program surprised me by taking me out to lunch in between classes. Tonight, on my actual birthday, a few of my oldest and closest friends and I are going out for a fancy dinner. I'm so excited to dress up and begin this next year in my life with people that I love.

This feeling of new beginnings has been my theme lately, and I am just so high on life right now. The year of being 22 brought my highest of highs and my lowest of lows, and I wouldn't have had it any other way. I can't help but feel everything happened like it was supposed to because I can't imagine my life any other way. I have the best group of friends and with them by my side, I just know that this next year in my life is gonna be an amazing one!

So here's my 24 before 24 list:
1. Get a tattoo.
2. Run/walk a half marathon.
3. Go on a road trip with friends.
4. Cycle through most of my clothes.
5. Read a classic.
6. Be more confident.
7. Visit a drive-in movie theater.
8. Cook dinner for my parents.
9. Overcome a fear.
10. Go to a Lakers game.
11. Make something from scratch.
12. Hang out with Jen and Maggie in real life.
13. Read the news more often.
14. Visit a state I haven't been to yet.
15. Be financially independent.
16. Get better at photography.
17. Learn to play the piano again.
18. Go on a date.
19. Get to know LA better.
20. Ride the Great Park Orange Balloon.
21. Take a picture with a celebrity.
22. Drive less. Bike more.
23. Go to a concert.
24. Worry less.

Until next post,
Jasmine

8 comments:

  1. you can conquer twelve AND fourteen at once if you come visit me <3 just saying. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Hope you have an amazing night xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your bucket list.. i think i'll do that too when i turn 26. (aaacckk.. so old!)

    happy birthday dear!! :D cheers to more years of happiness and contentment! :D love you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo, I'm thinking this next year I should fly to California, we can take a road trip to visit Maggie, so that crosses off 12, 14, and 3. We can go to a concert along the way and since we'll be in a car for so long we might as well go to a drive-in movie theater (which is on my bucket list too!). So that takes care of 23 and 7. Might as well get a tattoo along the way, right? Crossing off #1! I can't promise that you'll learn how to play the piano again during our road trip but YOU NEVER KNOW.

    I'm so glad your birthday was so lovely and I just wish I could've been there with you! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday jasmine! i LOVE your list - sounds like it's going to be the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had an amazing birthday! I love your 24 before 24 list, and I look forward to seeing you check off each of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice list! I just ran into someone's 30 before 30 list... and i've been working on mine ... but i have only come up with a few items...I like yours though!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday dear ! Congrats on your new Macbook air
    I hope what's your list can be cometrue soon :)
    Drive less, Bike more gonna be uneasy hahha, but i know you can do it !

    http://sylviestephanie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete