Thursday, May 24, 2012

Runaway









This is probably now my favorite top in my entire closet right now. It's my favorite color. I love the tulip sleeves and the buttons down the back. I wore this top to visit my brother at school and to take my mom to see a Chinese opera (my mother's day gift to her). My brother said it made me look like mint chocolate chip ice cream. I took it as a compliment. Seeing the opera was not fun. I didn't understand what was going on because it was in Cantonese, and it was just loud and irritating. Enduring three hours of it just shows how much I love my mom. I'm glad she had fun though, but I think next year I'll take her to see a musical that we both can enjoy.

I recreated that look and took these pictures a few days later by myself. I always seem to attract creepy men when I'm out taking self portraits. On this day, there was a man holding a baby chick walking around this park. I thought we would just ignore each other like normal people, but he approached me and asked if he could watch me take pictures of myself. I told him I was just finishing up (even though I wasn't). He then asked if I was into photography, and I had my ready-made-lie of me taking a few photo classes just for fun. He then asked if I had any pictures of myself in a bathing suit, and that's when I said I was done and packed up my things and got out of there. My blogging life just isn't glamorous at all.

Until next post,
Jasmine
top - francesca's collections
skirt - j. crew
belt - gap
loafers - aldo
ring - jewelmint

5 comments:

  1. OMG!!! Creepster status, indeedy. Who does that? Seriously. Glad you packed up quickly, before the convo got an weird. eep!

    The photos you did get, are super cute, though. I am in love with that top, Jasmine. I want to steal it from you!!!!! :)

    xx Love & Aloha
    http://elisharon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amo seu blog!
    Seus looks são muito lindos e você arrasa!
    Beijos ;D
    http://viviancomn.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That top. It's perfect. Your brother is right, it does remind me of mint chocolate chip ice cream which makes it a million times better. <3

    And you didn't mention that guy was holding a baby chick! Who does that?? One day we'll live close enough to take our outfit pictures for each other! But I'll be seeing you soon enough ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. u such an adorable!!! and those loafers are super cute!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty outfit! I love the belt :)

    ReplyDelete